Tripadvisor

Worth the Drive

Reviewed March 19, 2018
Morgan M
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2018

Hello to all, if you are looking for a small town, elegant shops then Warkworth is a must go!! Stop in at the Village Pantry, awesome people, awesome service, can find something for every room. :)

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I love this place. I have visited twice now. The first time we had ice cream and this time we had cheese. There is a lot of browsing to be done. The most memorable part for me was when I was trying to choose my cheese, two other people from the town, who did not seem to be there together, started trying to help me out my talking about their favourite selections. It was very charming.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Give yourself plenty of time when visiting The Village Pantry in Warkworth. You will find food items from the Netherlands, shortbreads, chips, crackers and jams from the UK and olives from Greece. There is a delectable assortment of cheese from around the world. If you cannot decide ask store owner Raquilda to make a cheese platter for you - it can be picnic size or party size. Seasonal Christmas offerings include double Devon cream from the UK and Italian tortas. There is also artisanal pasta and gluten free pasta for which you can also purchase specialty sauces. From April to October it is a popular spot for enjoying Ed's Real Scoop ice cream (brought in from Toronto) made with all natural ingredients. This is the place to shop for gourmet ingredients and that special kitchen implement you always wanted. It is also a great place for gift ideas. There is always something new on the shelves of The Village Pantry so your first visit will not be your last!

Date of experience: October 2017