“Always excellent service and personnel !”

Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have used this hotel several times as we travel (3-4 times a year). It is always a nice environment as a result of friendly and efficient personnel working at the desk and in the breakfast area. The location to good restaurants and the very timely shuttle service to Midway Airport and upon return is exceptional!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manger at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Welcome Back! Thanks for taking the time to share your expereince again! We love having repeat guests and happy to hear your stay was excellent. Hope your travel plans bring you back soon. We'd love to have you again!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Well kept secret. Very clean and well appointed but the real plus is the staff. They understand and model real customer service. Front desk staff got me a cup of milk on arrival at 10:30 PM so I could take medicine without stomach upset. The next morning the same young lady help navigate me through getting on their wifi through my computer security.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Hello Rick,

Thank for staying with us! We always strive to go above any guests expectations. I hope your travel plans bring you back to the Hampton Inn Midway. As we would hope we can have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I can honestly say that it was a good staff. The way that they actually come to work happy, and the way they work is awesome. The nice lady that took care of the breakfast should have a helper, when you get 40 people at once it is too much to ask. More comfortable seating for the meal also wanted.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicapped rooms, they are not very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Maggie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hi 565Rick1958,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I appreciate your comments about the staff and I will be sure to pass your comments along to them. I will also be sure to let my General Manager know about how our breakfast ladies could use some help. It’s reviews like this that allow us to improve our service, so thank you again for your comments. We hope we’ll be able to serve you again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The main factor that makes business travel tolerable would be good hotel staff. This Hampton Inn has first rate staff that greet you when you check in and every time they see you. It's been a while since I visited a hotel where everyone was friendly, courteous and wanted to help. The hotel in only minutes from Midway and surrounded by a cluster of other hotels. The rooms were clean and well kept. Breakfast was warm and done. Not a five star hotel, but the staff service put it tops on my return list.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Hi dexjor23,
Thank you so much for your comments! Our staff is top notch and the team is definitely a fantastic asset to the hotel. I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to them and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Staff at the Midway Hampton Inn was very helpful and friendly. My entire family enjoyed our week long stay and would return again. Although, the hotel did not provide a pool for the kids, they accommodated them by offering the other hotels near by.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Hi Robin G,
Thanks for your review! I’m glad our staff was able to help you and your family enjoy your stay here. They are very dedicated team who love serving our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This facility charges for parking which is outrageous. The front dest clerk accused me of playing loud music as I'd just entered my room for the evening. She did not listen to me when I told her that I had just entered my room. She just rudely told me to keep it down. I have never experienced such rude behavior while staying at any hotel. The breakfast was not ready at 6am, and when the food arrive it wasn't the greatest. But I never thought someone could destroy boiled eggs, or maybe they were just old. Overall the service was poor here but the accomodations were average.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley K, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I would first and foremost like to let you know how much we appreciate you staying with us, and thank you for your business! Without quality feedback from valued guests like yourself, we would be unable to grow and improve our overall service in the future! I would like to personally apologize for the way the front desk handled the situations. I will be sure to address this with my team, and use it as training and coaching moment. I hope you’ll give us the opportunity to serve you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Overpriced complex of hotels just because it's near Midway airport. The neighborhood is not clean or safe. Guess I need to go back to O'Hare. Not the worst place I have ever stayed but for $200 plus $12 per car it was less than a deal.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carl C
Maggie H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are competitively priced for the Midway complex and our rates fluctuate depending on the season. Our rates are high right now due to the fact that we are in peak travel season. Please let me know if you will be traveling back to Midway and I will try my best to negotiate a better rate with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#119 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!