“Great Service”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
“Great Service”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

First trip to Chicago, IL. Stayed at Hampton by Midway airport. Hotel was very clean and the front desk person Aja Clark was very nice and helpful my entire stay...and should get a bonus or raise for being able to remember everyones name...wow. The hallways are a lil stuffy but not bad. The hotel is in a little group area of hotels w/ a TGIFridays and Coaches close by. Walmart & Target are across the bridge and a Giodano's down the street. The area is not GREAT but not bad either. Love the breakfast each morning and if you didn't have time...a to go sack breakfast was available. In the dining area is a sm microwave for popcorn etc for that late night snack. The only downside was there is no pool or hottub but the exercise room is plenty large enough with two treadmills, eliptical & bike. Business center is convenient. If felt secure staying there since I was traveling alone. Overall it is a good hotel if you are wanting to stay close to Midway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hampton_CHIMW, Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and share your experience at our Hampton Inn Chicago Midway! We truly appreciate the compliments you shared about our facility and staff. I also have shared your comments with Aja and she is very thankful!! We know you have many options at Midway, and we are grateful that you have chosen us for your visit!! We look forward to serving you again in the future!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn chicago Midway...very clean, very helpful, Great Shuttle to and from airport, felt safe..... This was our Second stay and will definately use them again. Went to TGIF for drinks and appetizers which is right next door,,very convientant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aljanillinois
I wanted to take the time to let you know how much we appreciate you ranking our property 4 stars!!! It is feedback from valued guests like yourself that keeps us motivated and striving to be the best hotel in the Midwest! I can always assure you that you can always expect friendly service and clean rooms each and every time that you stay at our property. We hope to see you soon!! Thanks!!
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Six of us stayed at the Hampton Inn for a "girls weekend" in Chicago. Arriving at the Midway and taking the shuttle to the hotel was very convenient. Parking was adequate at the hotel and the lobby was clean upon arrival. Our rooms were both very clean and comfortable, it felt like an upscale hotel. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spacious.

The continental breakfast was okay. The waffle machine was good and there were plenth of cereal choices. I would have liked to see a boiled egg instead of the "commercial style" hot eggs. That is just me, purely subjective.

We decided that the location would be great in the future. We drove our own car downtown and parked. It took about 20 minutes to get down the 3 times we went and it allowed us more freedom while we were shopping.

Overall, a very pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn, Chicago Midway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank andvium
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I travelled with my two teenagers during Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We stayed here because we couldn't book Hampton Inn downtown. I think this was because of Notre Dame game and Chicago Marathon. It's a bit expensive since it's a bit far from the city but it's very close to Midway and the Orange Line. You should factor in about 45 minutes travel time between downtown and the hotel altogether especially when traveling downtown on weekend. Shuttle leaves airport every 20 minutes and stops at all hotels. Shuttle was great and front desk staff very friendly. Typical Hampton breakfast - we enjoyed each day. Room was clean and quiet with free wifi. Would stay here again if we can't stay downtown.

• Stayed October 2012
Nashville, TN
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was prepared to write a flowing review of this hotel after a recent trip with my husband's sports team, until the following was done:
My husband owns the card that was used to secure all the rooms. They called him several times when any little thing was awry with the reservations. According to their policy though, one of the guys from each room had to give a credit card number for incidentals only. That's fine.
A few days after our stay, several of our players began frantically contacting my husband. The hotel had apparently charged their cards for hundreds of dollars for the stay. These are not doctors or lawyers. These are everyday working guys to whom $300+ is a big deal. Apparently, since the charge was so big, the team card denied it (that's a whole other complaint!) and so instead of CALLING my husband - the name on the account, the name on the reservations, the person they called for every minute question the entire weekend - they just said, "Oh, let's charge these guys' cards, that's fine."
For two weeks we have been messing with this issue, and my husband, who is an attorney and to whom an hour is worth a lot - a lot - of money, has spent around 20 hours on the phone and exchanging emails trying to get this matter corrected. I understand WHY it happened, but it should be corrected without all this. NOW.
It's sad, too, because the hotel is in a great location in relation to the airport, the breakfast was yummy and hot and varied, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. However, this whole stupid financial mess has really put a bad taste in my mouth and we'll be staying in a different hotel in this area next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank misslissalu
Hampton_CHIMW, Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
I would like to send my sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused your group upon your arrival here at the Hampton Inn Chicago Midway. I have been in constant contact with your husband and we were able to solve the issue. I hope you and your group will consider staying with us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Nicole Patterson
Assistant General Manager
Durango
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I stay in many hotels and this is a great one. I work on an international medevac crew and find myself staying here at least 2-3 times a month. I've always been greeted promptly and with a smile. My room is always very clean and everything works right. The front desk calls me to make sure that everything is good. Breakfast is free and I can't really complain about it because it is free. It is better than average for a free breakfast. There is always fresh coffee in the lobby. The beds are comfortable. And of course it's just a couple of blocks away from the finest pizza in all the land, Giordano's Chicago Style Pizza. Thank you Hampton Inn for a consistently good product.

• Stayed August 2012
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We spent a weekend sightseeing in downtown Chicago. We chose to stay at this hotel primarily because they have a 24-hour shuttle to the airport, which is also where the orange line L Train originates and from there you can get around the city. That saved us a lot of money - not staying in the city or worrying about finding parking.

The Hampton Inn is part of the Midway Hotel Center. There are about 6 or 7 Hilton brand hotels in the same lot, and they all share the shuttle service. Be aware, there really isn't much around the hotels to do or see. The advantage is really that it is close to the airport and public transportation.

The Hampton Inn is one of the cheaper Midway Center Hotels (and cheaper still with seasonal discounts). The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly. The price includes breakfast and it is a good one. Overall, it is a nice place to stay.

My only complaints have to do with booking a particular type of room through the website only to be told it wasn't available when we checked in (which we didn't find out until we got to the room). This happened to the people who checked in before us, too. We were about to settle for (reluctantly) smoking room options, since that was all that was available, but they were able to accommodate our original booking. But, the staff handled it carelessly and screwed up our booking. They fixed the problem and apologized (even giving us a movie coupon), but be sure to check ahead with reservations or billing if necessary. It is otherwise a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed August 2012
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!