“If you want to be near MDW airport and just require a “good room”, this is an excellent value”

Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Allentown (PA)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stayed one night for a morning flight out of MDW airport. The hotel is located about one mile from MDW airport in a complex with a number of other hotels (Holiday Inn, Marriott, Fairfield Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and others). A TGI Fridays located in the center of the complex was within short walking distance. The shuttle bus serves all the hotels in the complex and was running on a every 20 minute schedule to/from MDW. Overall, the property (and my room) was in very good physical shape, clean, and well maintained. Basic continental breakfast is served in the morning. The room is smaller than many other hotels (no sitting area), but I do not consider that an issue. Single bed rooms are queen (not king) bed. My midweek rate of $130 per night was the lowest of any of the others I checked in this complex. In summary, if you want to be near MDW airport and just require a “good room”, this is an excellent value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NWIN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here due to an early flight the next morning & to take advantage of the park & fly. The hotel is very clean & staff was very courteous. The airport shuttle can not be beat! Sooo convenient, both coming & going.

We were hoping to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, but couldn't because they didn't start serving til 6 or 6:30 am (can't remember) we had to catch our flight at 8.

Only downside was that there are no bath tubs in this hotel. I have never stayed at a hotel that had only showers exclusively, but I was told that's all they have here. I was looking forward to taking a nice relaxing bath prior to our trip. Other than that, it was fine.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

Had flight cancelled on Christmas Eve and called Sleep Inn. They had reasonably priced rooms available, a free shuttle to the airport on Christmas and a nice complimentary breakfast. People were very polite and rooms were clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

What a pleasant beginning to our Christmas visit with children in CA. We did the sleep and fly and were not disappointed! Shuttle runs on time and picks up promptly on the return. Our flight was delayed leaving SFO so we didn't arrive until 3AM. The shuttle was there in two minutes, the driver was pleasant and friendly, not like some of the other hotel shuttle drivers we've encountered.
On return the hotel desk attendant welcomed us to stay in the warm social room while our car warmed up and offered us coffee.
The room was comfortable and clean, the wake up call was on time.
Wish breakfast started at 6 instead of 6:30 but they start putting things out at 6 so there is usually something.
Requested ground floor. No Problem.
Complementary gift bag for reward program members.
NO COMPLAINTS!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

My sister and I decided to use our Choice rewards points for a hotel in the Chicago area instead of staying at where we normally stay. Traffic getting there was a bit backed up due to construction on S. Cicero, but the hotel was easy enough to find. The staff was very pleasant. The check in process was VERY quick and easy, even using points. The room was clean and neat. The room faced the road so there was a bit of traffic noise. We were surprised that we didn't hear a lot of noise from the airport. The only complaint we had was the TV remote which is a game controller attached to the TV. We searched the entire room before figuring out that the controller was the remote. It was a bit inconvenient. It was annoying that there was no way to control the volume with it. Overall it was a pleasant stay. There is a Giordano's pizza just down the road and very convenient.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were here ona college visit. First time in Chicago. Loved it. The hotel worked great. Clean, good breakfast. We used the free shuttle back to Midway to catch public transportation so we didn't need a rental car. It was a good trip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

Reasonably priced for location. Very friendly front desk, although there was always just one person on duty. Cleanliness is my most important concern and this Sleep Inn was very clean. I did not use the morninig continental breakfast but I used the 24/hr fresh coffee in the lobby and it was always good. The weather was bad so I used room service from the TGIG Friday that was within walking distance. It arrived warm and tasty. I initially choose this hotel for price, location to airport, cleanliness, and price - all marks hit. The TV had all the networks, plus 20+ cable stations for free...you just have to be familiar with how these new hotel tv/movie/game setups work...some people of my generation can't find the channels easily. The "for pay" channels come up first, so you have to know to look for local programming.
BEST - airport shuttle. The hotels in this little corner have at least 3 shuttles and they run 24/7. They are supposed to run every 20 minutes, but I did not wait longer than 10 minutes coming from or going to the airport. Parking cost $10, so I turned my car in early and took the shuttle...easy.
Only complaint is that I would have liked a microwave, but certainly didn't really need it. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#143 of 187 in Chicago

Been to Sleep Inn Midway Airport? Share your experiences!