“IT IS GOOD”

Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Ii is good for value for money. It has god location if you have Midway airport. it to connect by public transport. very near to Midway airport. It is clean and have very good breakfast. Our room with a queen sized bed was nicely renovated. Bed was comfortable, shower and bathroom were clean, and had a nice flat screen television. The room was small, but perfect for one or two travelers

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
EMMA P, General Manager at Sleep Inn Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

On behalf of the Sleep Inn Team, we thank you for your feedback we were glad to hear that you enjoy your stay at our property. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our room with a queen sized bed was nicely renovated. Bed was comfortable, shower and bathroom were clean, and had a nice flat screen television. The room was small, but perfect for one or two travelers. The continental breakfast was very nice, with sausages, cereal, baked goods, fruit and yogurt. Overall, a good hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Gave this hotel another chance since the management assured me that they made changes. All I can say is gross.
Its simple, if you want people to stay in your hotel CLEAN IT! !
Rooms still smell gross, black mold in the air-conditioning, black/ orange mold in the shower, urine and fecal matter around the toilet, I had no choice but to stay there ( I wont make the same mistake again ) I drove to the store purchased cleaning supplies and cleaned the room ( your welcome )
My suggestion is If you want to stay in business clean the rooms INCLUDING using a sweeper AND CLEAN THE CARPETS! !
My socks are black from the dirty carpet.

Save your money... stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank grossedout2
EMMA P, General Manager at Sleep Inn Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a second chance, I am very dissapointed to hear that your stay wasn't satisfactory and I cannot apologize enough about your experience, we are all about continuos improvement and I would greatly appreciate if you could please contact me at the hotel so I can get more information and take the proper actions to ensure this doesn't continue.
Again, please accept my deepest apologies and I truly hope to personally talk you soon about this matter.
Thanks
Emma Ponce

Reviewed October 7, 2012

All of the downtown hotels were booked the weekend of my meeting so I was forced to stay further out. I booked the Sleep Inn as it was near the Midway airport and I could take a cab downtown. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were very friendly and it had a nice basic breakfast bar. Although, no fault of the hotel really, I did not get to "sleep in". The doors to the rooms slam shut loudly and starting at 3 a.m. I lay there listening to the sound of slamming doors for hours unable to sleep, which makes for a long day.

Also, I'm not sure why anyone would want to stay here as the neighborhood is sketchy and I was approached by people soliciting money in the parking lot. I made sure to book downtown for my next meeting well in advance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jondska
EMMA P, General Manager at Sleep Inn Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your stay I guarantee you it is neither our standard operating procedure nor our intent that any guest should have anything less than the best possible experience, I'm sorry that you didn't have a good night rest due to the slamming doors and also about the incident you had with the person asking you for money, that was completely unacceptable and I already followed up with theour head of security, as we want to make sure all our guest feel safe and secure.
Again, please accept our most sincere apologies and we really hope you can give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is the best value of all the hotels in the Midway Center Hotel Airport layout - it is clean and quiet with a TGI Fridays right off the parking lot. The rooms are small but thats normal for hotel airports - a pleasant experience and would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here one night with my daughter after our flight got in late and we didn't feel like driving 2 hours home. I almost checked out, but since we already paid and we were so tired, we got Mcdonalds and locked ourselves in the room. We took showers and the water pressure was okay but the bathrooms were dark and old. The beds were okay but I found a spider on my bed and a beetle my the bathroom sink and was all grossed out the rest of the night. Could hear tons of noises outside all night long and upstairs in the room above us.You pay for parking but I didn't really feel safe most of the night and worried about my vehicle outside even though they said they had security. There are other hotels just across the parking lot and I have stayed at 2 of them before and never felt the way I did at this place. Didn't stay for breakfast, wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Will never stay here again. I did save money, but in the future I would pay the extra money and stay at one of the other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lawheel
SleepInnGM_IL103, General Manager at Sleep Inn Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear guest, I am sorry to hear about the issues with your recent stay. We pride ourself on being a clean and secure hotel and we share the same security as our neighbouring hotels. I hope you reconsider if a future need arises and I personally ensure we will take great care of you and your family. Regards, Tony Marco, General Manager.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and I had a pleasant stay at the Sleep Inn. The room was modern looking, all the channels on the TV were available, the bed was comfortable with clean linens, and the rest room was clean with everything working. I like the adjustable shower-head. We got moving too late for breakfast but that was okay, since our sight was set on the Dunkin Doughnuts that was across the street. The clerk that was on duty the night we checked in (July 19) explained everything in good clear manner, and the check-out clerk the next morning was equally as nice. I have no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#144 of 192 in Chicago
Chicago Marriott Midway
#118 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Sleep Inn Midway Airport? Share your experiences!