“Airfare prices for one night of rest....”

Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
camilla00
“Airfare prices for one night of rest....”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I made an unexpected trip to the Chicago area. Being that I had not had any sleep in 24hrs, I needed somewhere to rest up for my drive home. I was exhausted and did not feel like driving much further than the area I was already in.

There were a cluster of hotels in the area and this one was one of the more reasonably priced. The excitement managing to @ least get a AAA discount quickly faded when I realized that there was a fee for parking.

The single room that was well over $100 a night was ok at best. The bed was stiff and the "smoke free" reeked of cigarettes. They did offer a 24 hour fitness center and complimentary breakfast. They offered a great selection, but i was a bit skeptical about the OJ conisdering I saw a gang of gnats surrounding the juice machine the night before.

Because this hotel is close to the airport, the traffic is bananas. Do allow yourself plenty of time to reach your destination if you plan to travel or sight see. Overall, I did manage to get the much needed rest to continue on my journey. However, I wished I would have gotten it for about half the price

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank camilla00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We arrived at this hotel at 1 a.m. from a late flight, to sleep and wait for our flight the next afternoon. The shuttle was prompt and the driver friendly. The front desk person was so enthusiastic and helpful, you would never guess it was the middle of the night! While the room was a little small, it was very clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and we had a good sleep. The continental breakfast was very complete, fresh and tasty. All in all, this was an excellent value, and we will definitely stay here again when we are in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
SleepInnGM_IL103, General Manager at Sleep Inn Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am very pleased that you found our staff enthusiastic and helpful, and the hotel an excellent value. I will certainly pass on your kind words to our entire staff. I look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Chicago. Kind Regards; Tony Marco, General Manager.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I were unexpectedly laid over in MIdway at 11:30pm - with our next flight leaving at 7am. We weighed the pros and cons of sleeping in the airport or getting a room, and called around to the local hotels to check prices. Sleep Inn was the cheapest (right around $100 - with a special rate since I was calling from the airport), so we decided to take the free shuttle over and stay there. The lady at the front desk, Nettie, was incredibly nice and within a half hour from our call we were fast asleep in a comfortable, clean room. We got up at 5:30, grabbed free coffee, and took the shuttle back to the airport without any trouble.

Definitely recommend this airport hotel for a cheap, comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cheburlizka
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Ok this was my first stay at this place Im horrified of bugs and I ask my colleague to open the drapes few hours after we got there and hot flew the biggest moth around four inches long my colleague caught it in a bag while I nearly had a heart attack and hid in the bathroom so I said recheck the drapes out came the second moth same big size my colleague killed that one we then called the front desk, the manager Georgia( or something close to that) came and made a nasty remark when she saw me hiding in the bathroom she said her young kid aint even scared of bugs, well I am, she ask to see the evidence and said she would report it to her boss we were not compensated I dont even remember her apologizing Its a phobia of mine I despise bugs and I didnt appreicate pay one hundred fifty dollars for a room with bugs I will not stay there again it was so noisy during the night it was unbelievable men sitting all out in front of the building both days I was there we had no remote in the room for the TV and couldnt use the phone someone supposly stole the cord( thats what the maintenance guy said)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank franckiebev
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I travelled with my husband and my mother-in-law and we were in Chicago for First Time. The front desk girl gave us perfect and detailed instructions how to get everywhere we wanted to. We took the free shuttle to the Airport and then public transportation. The rooms are clean and smell good, comfortable beds, breakfast was good. Giordano's Pizza down the road had excellent food. Location was great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Allentown (PA)
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stayed one night for a morning flight out of MDW airport. The hotel is located about one mile from MDW airport in a complex with a number of other hotels (Holiday Inn, Marriott, Fairfield Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and others). A TGI Fridays located in the center of the complex was within short walking distance. The shuttle bus serves all the hotels in the complex and was running on a every 20 minute schedule to/from MDW. Overall, the property (and my room) was in very good physical shape, clean, and well maintained. Basic continental breakfast is served in the morning. The room is smaller than many other hotels (no sitting area), but I do not consider that an issue. Single bed rooms are queen (not king) bed. My midweek rate of $130 per night was the lowest of any of the others I checked in this complex. In summary, if you want to be near MDW airport and just require a “good room”, this is an excellent value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
NWIN
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here due to an early flight the next morning & to take advantage of the park & fly. The hotel is very clean & staff was very courteous. The airport shuttle can not be beat! Sooo convenient, both coming & going.

We were hoping to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, but couldn't because they didn't start serving til 6 or 6:30 am (can't remember) we had to catch our flight at 8.

Only downside was that there are no bath tubs in this hotel. I have never stayed at a hotel that had only showers exclusively, but I was told that's all they have here. I was looking forward to taking a nice relaxing bath prior to our trip. Other than that, it was fine.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#142 of 188 in Chicago

Been to Sleep Inn Midway Airport? Share your experiences!