“Awesome time!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We had a regular 2 double bed room. We were able to check in at 1230, instead of 3 and the room was very clean. Beds were very comfy! Staff was friendly but gave us the wrong directions for getting to the Mag Mile. I loved the free 24 hour hotel shuttle, it made our stay very convenient. The only bad thing was that after the pool was closed the elevators floors were covered in water, I told the front desk clerk and the mess wasnt cleaned up 30 minutes later. Overall, great stay and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 27, 2009

This hotel is in a cluster of hotels just south of MDW. Rooms are fine, clean pool, good business center. Good value. The gal at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2008

The Garden Inn was a perfect choice for our large group of Chicago Marathon runners and spectators. It is part of a "campus" that includes 4 or 5 similarly priced properties, a Starbuck's and a TGIF's.
A free "Midway Hotels" shuttle services the campus and can easily be found outside Midway airport. We tipped the driver - he handled our bags. We arrived at a peak time, so only waited a few minutes - you may have to call the hotel for a pick-up. They use 2 way radios.
The campus borders on a residential area and is well maintained and clean. I enjoyed the thick green grass and healthy flower beds left over from summer.
This hotel is a good choice for visiting Chicago without the hassle of parking garages, cab fares and high priced rooms. You simply take the shuttle to Midway then access the safe, convenient and economical CTA system. ($2/day pass).
The front desk staff was friendly and gracious with information and pleasantries about our stay and related activities. The businees center - 2 PC stations, printer and few office supplies was free. Cold bottled water and breakfast coupons were presented at check in.
The guest rooms were as described on their web site.
There was a charge for parking.
I wouldn't choose this hotel for its location for exploring. The "campus" provides you with a place to sleep and is a great home-base for your activities in the city.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I was in Chicago visiting family, so I wanted to stay somewhere close to them. If you are touring around the city and came to see the sights, stay downtown.

The hotel was great; we had a large room on the 2nd floor. Originally on the top, but it was a smoking room so we requested a smoke free one. The staff was very nice and friendly, it was great. I honestly thought we were going to have trouble switching rooms, but they were very nice - and this was at 1am.

There is a great shuttle service to and from the airport and the other numerous hotels around, all in the same complex. Parking cost $10/night, which I thought was kind of dumb as there was plenty of parking. Just down the street there are restaurants and some shops, nothing to brag about thought. Some of the other hotels have restaurants, nothing too great i.e. TGIFridays.

The bed was very comfortable with a comforter and good pillows. Plenty of lamps for good lighting. Bathroom was clean and they provided great bath products. More windows would have been nice, natural lighting is the best, and even better was that the window can be opened for freshing out the room.

There was a indoor pool. Did not look inviting really, small and right off the elevators so every guest coming to and from can see in. There is a business centre with two computers printer and copier, a lot of times it was filled with kids, especially at night.

I did not use any of their amenities, so I am just writing down what I saw. I just needed a clean place to sleep and shower and I got it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2008

This is a great hotel to stay at with very easy access to Midway and I-55. There are several hotels all clumped together in a plaza. There is a Starbucks next door, although I did not get to visit. The shuttle runs frequently between the airport and the hotel. It is shared between the other hotels so you may need to make an extra stop. I found it to be very efficient even late at night, it is bright red.

Room was typical of an HGI. Clean comfy bed, ergonomic desk chair, clean bathroom. I had a cool view of Midway from the 4th floor. Airport noise was a non-issue as the runways are oriented so no planes fly directly overhead.

If you are interested in visiting downtown Chicago you can take the shuttle to the airport. Then walk to the train station and take the orange line in. This takes about 45 minutes from hotel door to the Madison stop (Millenium Park). This will only set you back $2 each way.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Stayed one Thursday night after flying into before my girlfriends and meeting them on Friday morning at Midway.

I called the hotel once I had my bag (approx 9:30 p.m.) to make sure the shuttle was on it's way - note: the Red Trolley was a shuttle bus (maybe Feb weather?) and it arrived within 5 minutes of my call. It was crowded but the Hilton Garden Inn was the first stop.

I was greeted at the desk promptly and my key/registration was handed to me almost immediately (pre-pay via Priceline) - she mentioned I could get food at the restaurant until 10 p.m. and I opted for a cookie at the desk and went to my room.

The bed was heavenly and there was absolutely no noise from the airport. The bathroom and room were clean and there were nice toiletry (Neutrogena) items available. I slept in until 7:30, got ready and went back downstairs for the shuttle.

They had coffee available "to go" from a stand near the lobby but the shuttle bus was there within minutes and made one stop at the Executive (private) terminal and then deposited us at Midway immediately afterward.

Very efficient, economical and quiet. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 13, 2008

We stayed at this hotel the night before an early flight, and were perfectly satisfied with the hotel. Good value, clean rooms, pleasant staff, right down the street from the airport. It says there's a $10 parking fee, but I don't recall seeing that on my bill, and its the same for the other 3 hotels in the complex. Area isn't great, but still felt safe.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago Marriott Midway
#116 of 192 in Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!