“When in a blizzard this place is home”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Phoenix, Arizona
“When in a blizzard this place is home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Snow storm cancelled our flight back to Phoenix and we were able to navigate to this hotel for the night (red shuttle van from Midway takes you to a complex of 7 hotels, this one being the first stop). Staff was great. Provided us all the sundries we needed to make it through the night. We ate in their restaurant dinner and breakfast as we couldn't go out with so much snow and it was adequate. Heck I didn't expect a five star restaurant. There was nothing wrong with that breakfast buffet--maybe because I'm a Hilton Honors patron and it was free made a difference. Clean rooms. Quiet rooms. A exercise room available and indoor pool. You can see the runway from our second floor room so we knew we were back in business the next day. Small business center with computer access met our needs. What could have been a very distressful event but made palpable by the Hilton Garden Inn, Midway. Under similar circumstances I would stay here again, but I promised my wife we would never travel to Chicago during the winter months.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Studio69
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so happy to read that our staff was able to accomodate your needs during this very difficult travel experience. I can imagine the stress and frustration of being trapped in Chicago during a snow storm. We appreciate you trusting our facility and staff to take care of you and your wife during this time. While I understand that you may want to avoid Chicago in the winter, I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again! (Maybe in September:))

Margaret Dye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ogden Dunes, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Through no fault of our own, we missed our flight at Midway. Then to add insult to injury, our airline directed us to an area of hotels that included the Hilton Garden Inn, where we were told that we would get a distressed traveler discount. That didn't happen as our airline did not provide us with the proper documents. So, you can imagine that it is cold, snowy, and 10PM and we arrive at the counter less than in a good mood. The gentleman at the counter was wonderful. Seemed to actually care that we were getting the short end of the stick and called around to the neighboring hotels to find us a better rate. We decided to stay put as we needed to leave at 4AM to try to catch a stand by flight.

The room was clean and neat. The beds were comfortable. No complaints at all. If I am ever in a situation again where my airline gives my seat away, I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dagney1
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn. We truly appreciate the kind words, and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I am so sorry to hear of all the trouble you encountered with the airline. We know how stressful that can be, and are truly happy the staff was able to make it a little better for you!
While we hope you do not get stranded again, we do hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future!
new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice hotel, convienient location to U of Chicago. The A/C was noisy, the $11 breakfast buffet was the same quality as other hotel free breakfasts. We went across the street to a Denny's and had a great $5 cooked breakfast, Rooms were clean and service was great. The hotel was located in a "hotel complex" of 6 or 7 other hotels all owned by the same company, but had different corporate hotels- Holiday Inn express, radisson, Sheridan, etc. I would suggest you call all for the best rate, they all appeared to be the same level of service, quality and accommodations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our location. I was so happy to read that you were pleased with your room and the service you received. We appreciate your feedback regarding the ac and the breakfast, and will use it to improve. Thank you so much for your business! We hope to serve you again in the future.
Niles, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel has the best staff of any Hilton i stay at. It might not be the biggest or the fanciest but they certainly are the nicest! Great location also. The shuttle service is a big plus. Everyone I have ever met at this hotel, especially Manny, have been over-the-top nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn. I am thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us, and that our staff was so nice. I will share this review with the entire team, and recognize Manny personally. It is also great to know that you were able to utilize our convenient shuttle service. We appreciate your repeat business, and we are very grateful for the kind words.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

After what was one of the worst travel days ever, it was nice to be greeted by a friendly staff.
my room was warm, comfortable and clean.
My bed was very comfy and helped me get some much needed rest. The restaurant had really good food, I ordered some veggies on the side and was pleasantly pleased they were cooked perfectly, not overcooked and soggy. The breakfast I had was great too. Friendly staff made a bad trip better!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BZtraveler16
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great to know that our team was able to make a bad travel day a little better for you! It is also great to know you were able to get a good night's rest.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for your business!

Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, comfortable, and very clean. It has a nice pool and jacuzzi - small but adequate and clean. The restaurant and lobby area are very cheerful and comforable. The food is pricey but very good. The hotel is expensive but very well worth the price - you get what you pay for. The location is safe and super close to Midway Airpot. There is a 24 hour shuttle which is very convenient. The business center is very nice and has mostly what you might need. The beds are very comforable with fluffy, fresh linens. The towels are large and soft. Every staff member we saw was friendly, helpful, and extremely polite. Parking is free and we felt safe leaving our car there. There are several restaurants within walking distance and within the Midway Plaza (not sure what the name is but it's a little gated complex). This is your best choice when you want to be near Midway or Navy Pier or Michigan Ave shopping!

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate the kind words about the hotel and staff. I was so happy to read that our hotel's amenities suited your needs while you visited Chicago! We are grateful for your business, and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My son and I were in the Chicago area for a sports tournament. We stayed at the Hilton Garden for three nights. Several other families from our team stayed as well. The hotel staff was extremly courteous and helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We truly enjoyed our stay until we were checking out.

Our car was parked right outside the front door of the hotel. And yes, you are required to pay for parking. After we checked out, we were leaving the hotel and discovered the catalytic converter and two other parts to our car had been stolen. The vehicle was undriveable and will be staying in the Chicago area for an extra 5 days for the repairs. We are now required to make an unplanned trip to Chicago to pick up the vehicle and pay for some unplanned vehicle expenses. So, unfortunately, this has left us with a bad experience for what was a truly nice stay. The parking lot is apparently very unsafe. Please be very careful leaving your vehicles in this area.

Unfortunately, due to this situation, we will not be staying at the Hilton Garden again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I was glad to read from your review that found our rooms to be spacious and clean and that our staff was courteous and helpful to you and your son. I do however understand that you had some issues in our parking lot with your vehicle and I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconveniences. Your safety is my number one concern and I wanted to thank you from bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our security team.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#111 of 187 in Chicago
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!