“This is an excellent hotel in a safe area which I will return to again and again!”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, comfortable, and very clean. It has a nice pool and jacuzzi - small but adequate and clean. The restaurant and lobby area are very cheerful and comforable. The food is pricey but very good. The hotel is expensive but very well worth the price - you get what you pay for. The location is safe and super close to Midway Airpot. There is a 24 hour shuttle which is very convenient. The business center is very nice and has mostly what you might need. The beds are very comforable with fluffy, fresh linens. The towels are large and soft. Every staff member we saw was friendly, helpful, and extremely polite. Parking is free and we felt safe leaving our car there. There are several restaurants within walking distance and within the Midway Plaza (not sure what the name is but it's a little gated complex). This is your best choice when you want to be near Midway or Navy Pier or Michigan Ave shopping!

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate the kind words about the hotel and staff. I was so happy to read that our hotel's amenities suited your needs while you visited Chicago! We are grateful for your business, and look forward to serving you again in the future!

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My son and I were in the Chicago area for a sports tournament. We stayed at the Hilton Garden for three nights. Several other families from our team stayed as well. The hotel staff was extremly courteous and helpful. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We truly enjoyed our stay until we were checking out.

Our car was parked right outside the front door of the hotel. And yes, you are required to pay for parking. After we checked out, we were leaving the hotel and discovered the catalytic converter and two other parts to our car had been stolen. The vehicle was undriveable and will be staying in the Chicago area for an extra 5 days for the repairs. We are now required to make an unplanned trip to Chicago to pick up the vehicle and pay for some unplanned vehicle expenses. So, unfortunately, this has left us with a bad experience for what was a truly nice stay. The parking lot is apparently very unsafe. Please be very careful leaving your vehicles in this area.

Unfortunately, due to this situation, we will not be staying at the Hilton Garden again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I was glad to read from your review that found our rooms to be spacious and clean and that our staff was courteous and helpful to you and your son. I do however understand that you had some issues in our parking lot with your vehicle and I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconveniences. Your safety is my number one concern and I wanted to thank you from bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our security team.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have previously stayed at this hotel in the "gated community" near Midway Airport. Between stays, I had stayed at the Hampton Inn (which was under renovation at the time). I found the staff friendly, professional, and helpful. The room clean and comfortable and the amenities met all my expectations. The small difference in price was worth the second visit to the Hilton Garden Inn. As for all the hotels at this location, it's very convenient to Midway with regularly scheduled shuttle service.

Room Tip: Stayed in 304 during this trip ........... a little noisy, but not enough to disturb sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your review of our location. I was so happy to read that you returned for a second visit with us, and that your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your compliments, and high marks! I will be sure to share this review with our entire team. We will also be sure to address the noise issue you mentioned, so thank you for including this.

We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Convenient place to stay before an early morning flight. Also a convenient place to park your car during a trip. A free shuttle leaves the hotel every 20 minutes for Midway. After returning to Midway it was easy to find the shuttle at the airport and take it back to the hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn is only a few minutes south of Midway. My room was clean and functional - all I needed for a good night's sleep before an early flight. The Hilton Garden Inn is located next to several hotels (Holiday Inn Express, Marriot, Fairfield Inn, Hampton, Sleep Inn and more) that are all in the Midway Hotel Center. Several restaurants are located nearby including TGIFs, Anthonys, McDonalds and Giordanos.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our location. We truly appreciate the compliments and high rating! I am happy to know that you were able to utilize our park, sleep and fly option and convenient shuttle service. I will be certain to share your compliments with the team.
Thank you so much for your business! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The HGI at MDW is the hotel to choose becase the Front desk staff have hospitality down pat! Was a "distressed passenger" and had to make reservation on the fly. I was out of clean clothes so used the hotel laundry (coin operated job) and needed starch for meeting next day. I asked, and within minutes it was produced with a knowing smile and w/o charge. WOW! The rooms offer good beds and bath products. The only negative is that the room carpets nees a good shampoo.
I will always have a warm place in my heat for this hotel! THANK YOU AGIAN!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our location. We truly appreciate the compliments and high rating! We know how stressful being a "distressed passenger" can be, so I am thrilled to know the staff made it a little easier for you! I will be sure to pass on your review to the entire team, and recognize the front desk. We will also address any and all carpet issues immediately.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although we flew into O'Hara, we booked this hotel because it was closer to family who lives on the South side of Chicago. My son's and I were in town to attend my mother's memorial service. The hotel staff and service was excellent! We had no problem checking in, even though we arrived at 2:30am in the morning! When I requested a room with double beds to accommodate my sons instead of a king, the gentleman did not hesitate to accommodate my requests even thought our rooms were booked through a third party.. The rooms were clean and bed very comfortable. Breakfast was availed on site, or other restaurants in the immediate area. I look forward to staying here again

Room Tip: Call ahead if you will be arriving late!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I was so happy to read of the positive experience you encountered with our team. We are happy to know we could accomodate your requests and assist your family, especially when traveling for your mother's memorial service. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again the next time you return to visit your family. Thank you so much for your business!

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

So glad we stayed here the night before our flight out of Midway. We parked our car for $12 per day at the hotel and used the shuttle to go to the airport. Convenient! Would do it again!
We didn't eat breakfast due to heading straight to the airport so I'm not sure of that service.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay . It is great to know that you were able to utilize our Park, Sleep & Fly option! Thank you so much for your business! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
All the best,

Chicago Marriott Midway
#114 of 191 in Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!