“Nice Hotel and location”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Nice Hotel and location”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We found this hotel a good place to stay. It had all of the amenities you expect from a hotel in this chain plus, for us, a great location. We flew into Midway. We then could take their free shuttle bus to access the Orange Line train which took us into the Loop. There we could get buses to various attractions. The people at the hotel were most helpful as were the people we met along the way helping us to make our connections. We had a fun vacation

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Midway. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to provide you with the amenities you were looking for! It sounds like you had a great time enjoying our great city and all it has to offer! I sure hope your travels bring you back our way, as we would love to see you again!
Warmest regards,
Margaret Dye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Limbourg, Belgium
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Ok, decent and clean.
Some light sleepers might have issue with motorway in close proximity.
Everything what you need (gym, pool, lounge, ok breakfast, bar, WiFi) for a quick stay and friendly staff makes this not a bad choice at all.

• Stayed June 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Midway. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to provide you with the amenities you were looking for! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Warmest regards,
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stay at a lot of Hilton Garden Inns around the country because the beds are comfortable and the quality is consistent. This was no exception - it's a little odd due to the location - it is in a large compound of hotels right next to the airport. And I do mean right next to the airport! So as a business traveler it was very convenient for an overnight before catching an early flight home. The in-house restaurant was a nice option as I was too tired to hike across the compound to something else (there are a few restaurants scattered around it). The food was fine and the waitress did an excellent job. There was a soccer team and other young'uns staying at the time but I didn't notice any noise issues, which was very much appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PrincessKatja
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the high marks and compliments, and hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future!
Rhode Island
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding party block for three days. First of all, it's important to note that this hotel is in a sort of compound (they call it a "campus") of seven or eight other Midway hotels. The shuttle they advertise is the shuttle for the entire campus, so you have to factor in an extra 7-10 minutes for the shuttle to make the rounds before it heads to the airport. Given all the other options that are in exactly the same place I can't say that the Hilton Garden Inn has any particular advantage other than getting you points if you're part of their rewards program. The hotels all look virtually identical from the outside and they're all around the same star/class level.

This particular hotel was, in a word, fine. Rooms are a decent size, clean, and there's a gym, pool, and business center with two computers and two printers. There's also a patio area with an outdoor table and chairs where you could sit with the paper and coffee. It overlooks a parking lot, but still a nice touch.

The breakfast is decent... for $12 you get a bunch of options and cooked-to-order eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc. For what you get you don't feel like you're being taken advantage of!

The most average (bordering on bad) aspect of this hotel was the hotel staff. The people at the front desk seemed totally clueless half the time. There was a box of welcome bags right behind the desk for the wedding we were attending and we had to point them out, and then further clarify that we were supposed to get one of them. When we checked out we asked to split the bill in half to be charged to my friend and I. The woman at the front desk seemed annoyed that we were asking that, and told us we should have said something when we checked in because that "makes it easier." (??) I replied that we had, in fact, said something at check-in and that we were told just to ask at check out. The staff member then said, "Oh, I bet I know who it was that told you that. She's new." Super cool throwing your colleague under the bus, lady. She then had no idea how to split the bill in half, and was trying to do all these weird things like charging tax to one person and cost to another person. She finally had to call over the manager (tall lanky dude with brown hair) who was super nice and said what my friend and I had been thinking, which was some version of "just split the total charge in half." He explained this extremely concept several times, and was very nice about it, but the moron receptionist could not understand what he was saying and then got super defensive about it. It made us uncomfortable. Finally she threw up her hands and said, "Fine, you do it!" and walked away. I felt bad for the guy, and hope he had the authority to fire her.

In sum, the stay was fine and the hotel is decent, but if I had to stay at Midway again I'd probably choose one of the other hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our location. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast, and that you were able to take advantage of our other amenities. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the desk clerk. This feedback will help us to work with the staff member you mentioned, and correct any issues moving forward.
It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago!
NoCal
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Late flight in after 11pm. Call the hotel, no answer. Call again, three rings, answered and requested the shuttle, which arrived within 10 minutes. Two guys were ahead of me for checkin, small talk with the clerk and mentioned I was just staying one night taking the subway to be closer to Grand and she mentioned a guest left two CTA passes still good during my stay, BINGO. Realized I did not pack shorts on a muggy 90 degree plus day. The clerk said there was a Walmart about a 20 min walk or I could use the CTA pass. The next morning, walked onto Cicero, man that street is fast with cars and trucks, decided to walk it. 20 min walk, 20 min trying to find a pair of shorts and 20 mins back, so I passed on the fitness center. Being a Gold Hilton Honors member gave me free breakfast and cooked to order plus steam tray stuff, it was good. Shuttle was every 20 mins, like the clerk mentioned and back to MDW for the train. Good stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Midway! I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that our staff was helpful! Thank you for the high rating, I will be sure to share this with the team. We hope to see you on your next trip to Chicago, and look forward to serving you!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The staff was so welcoming and very helpful. There was a little blonde working the front desk and she was so sweet and answered all our questions about where to shop, eat, and nightlife. The rooms were amazing I love those beds. Wish I could buy one. I would recommend this hotel for sure and me and husband will definitely be back if and when we are in the area. 5 Stars for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and received such great service! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing and serving you on your next trip to Chicago!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room was well-appointed, quiet, and very clean, the front desk staff extremely friendly, the restaurant just fine, the grounds were well-maintained, etc. etc.. It's not super-luxurious, but just great for a home base in Chicago. We stayed here in August 2011 and came back for another stay this year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we truly apreciate you sharing your compliments. I will be sure to share this review with the team. Thank you so much for your business! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#116 of 189 in Chicago
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!