“Easy Decision When Flying Out Of Midway”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed December 3, 2011

If you are flying out of Midway this hotel is a great place to stay before your trip. Restaurants all over, complimentary shuttle bus to and from the airport. Less than 5 minutes away from Midway. Affordable and do the park and fly rate. Your car can stay for up to two weeks I believe. We have stayed here every time we travel out of Midway.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Midway! We truly appreciate the high marks, and the kind words! Our Park & Fly package is available year round for your convenience!
I hope to meet you and thank you in person on your next visit to our hotel!
Thank you for your business!
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nice one night stay here last night. There were a couple of small maintenance issues, but the staff was very helpful and took care of them. Would definitely stay here again if I needed to be near Midw

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This hotel is in a nice area, but a car is necessary if you want to take a short drive downtown. You can also opt to take the train for the experience & to avoid parking hassles. The station is fairly close and the hotel shuttle bus would gladly give you a ride to the station. You can purchase your train tickets once you've arrived. Be sure to take the hotel number with you to call for pick-up back to your hotel. Parking is available, but a fee is applied.

There is a restaurant on site that serves only breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is included for Gold and Diamond members. The food is good and can be made-to-order. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff is helpful and cordial. The lounging area is cozy and ample with a double sided fireplace.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will share your review with my team, as I know they will appreciate the compliments!

Thank you so much for staying with us! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Margaret

Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed for a long weekend with small kids in a double room beginning 11/11 Friday and checking out 11/15 Tuesday. I have nothing bad to say about the hotel. Our room was comfortable (they still have some smoking rooms which my husband enjoyed) and accomodated my request for two beds. We also did not eat at the restaurant for any meals (buffet priced @ $12 or $13 plus kids $6 so we drove about 1 1/2 miles towards Midway for a much more economical breakfast with eggs, pancakes, etc.

We did have a drink in the lobby bar and found it to be comparable to any other bar in a hotel as far as price. They did not have tap beer (only bottles).

We spent most of our time traveling to the downtown museums and this hotel location was perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, we ate at the Giordana's about a block away from the hotel and there were planes 50 feet above us landing. It was awesome. I would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

The ONLY drawback was hottub not operational all weekend - at some point it was operational I think Monday. I suggest a sign at the business computers suggesting guests limit their time in the center to say 30 minutes. I waited for two hours while another guest was what appeared to be playing games on the system Monday morning. Only one computer was working that day - the only day I tried to use it to look up something.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim G

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! It sounds like you and your family had a fun-filled weekend! I am so glad you were able to experience the city and all it has to offer! I do want to apologize for the spa not being operational. Unfortunately, there was a mechanical issue that needed to be repaired, and this could not be completed until the part arrived. We have since rectified the issue, and the Spa is available to our guests. I sure hope you have a chance to return and utilize this great amenity!

Lastly, your suggestion to place a sign in the business center is a great one! We willl work on communicating the time limits so that all of our guests can have an opportunity to utilize these services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to my team!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Everything was very nice nothing special about the property. Service was great the room was standard but very clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed just one night in this hotel, but it was a very comfortable night. :)

The hotel appeared to be a notch above other HGI's I've stayed in. It had an elegant feel, with more care given to the public areas. Staff was friendly and helpful.

My king-bedded room was nicely laid out, and included the expected amenities plus a microwave oven. Everything was scrupulously clean. I didn't eat in the onsite restaurant, but walked over to nearby Dempsey's in the Marriott for a delicious dinner.

Easy access to Midway - I had a rental car and arrived in the return lot in under five minutes.

Room Tip: You'll probably hear airplane noise no matter what room you get. Bring a pair of earplugs if you...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn! I will be sure to share your kind words and compliments with the team, as I know they will all appreciate it.
Thank you for staying with us, and feel free to reach out if I can be of any assistance in the future!

Reviewed October 15, 2011

First of all, this hotel is super clean. Secondly, the front desk clerk (Manny?) was super helpful and pleasant. We parked here for an early flight and caught the shuttle. No problems at all! A better wine selection in the restaurant might be nice. :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Your compliments about the hotel and staff are very kind, and appreciated. I will be sure to recognize Manny for providing such great service! We will also review our wine list to see what we can add to enhance the selection. Thank you for the suggestion:)

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

All the best,

Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#119 of 192 in Chicago
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!