Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport(Bedford Park)(Great Value!)
$180
$62
$59
Hotels.com
$79
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsprompt shuttlefront deskother hotelsan early flightclean roomsfree shuttlegreat hotelorange linepark and flythe hotel staffdefinitely stay here againbusiness centerper dayeasy accessbusiness tripfree breakfasthgi
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I've come to this hotel several times over the past few years and they do get the basics right, but this time I was irritated by a couple of things.

On the good side - immaculately clean, safe and the rooms are spacious.

This time though I was irritated by the fridge in my room. At first I noticed that the fridge is not balanced so when I went to put my complimentary bottled water, it was bouncing around. The next morning, when I went to get some icy cold water, I found it was room temperature - the fridge was set to OFF or on the lowest setting.

I found this very frustrating - is there a lack of attention to the maintenance of the fridges? Is it intentional to keep the fridges in the OFF or lowest setting?

Also I was in the restaurant/bar around 8pm and found the area exceptionally warm. The air conditioning was not set cool enough or was off. If you walked to a different part of the reception area, the temperature was cooler. I asked the server about it who basically shrugged her shoulders. I then mentioned this to management who offered to call maintenance, but I didn't get a confident that even management thought it could be solved. By the time I left at 9 there was no improvement.

Is the air conditioning in that area defective? Is it impossible for employees to adjust a setting? Why was it so warm in the restaurant?

After many visits to this hotel over the years, I can still wholeheartedly recommend it. It would just be nice if the details that really make a guest comfortable can be worked out.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Margaret D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. All issues mentioned have been addressed and are being rectified. The Air Conditioning issue in the Restaurant is being repaired now by our engineering team, and should be fully functioning within the next couple of hours. Thank you for your patience while we worked through this issue. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me at the hotel directly. Your feedback is invaluable, and we truly appreciate it! Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for continuing to recommend our property!
Regards,
Margaret Dye

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Here I am again, trying to find a good hotel in Chicago that doesn't charge an arm and leg for parking. This one was only an arm --- but they did charge for parking. The hotel itself is a bit hard to find. It sits way back behind a couple Mariotts and a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn. So you can say it's a hotel park..
Very clean, nice restaurant on the premise. The waitress was especially nice. The A/C seemed to not be working at the restaurant as it was VERY hot, but at the check in desk it was cool. Nice selection of breakfast foods at the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank phxaz54
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I went to Midway for a business dinner with a prospect who was flying out the next day. Stayed overnight so I too could catch a flight.

The Hilton Garden Inn is a short shuttle from Midway and an efficient and decent place to over-night. The check-in is friendly and was fast for me, but probably slows done if there are a few customers on the shuttle. The room was clean, a decent size with a large comfy bed and strangely small pillows. Bathroom toiletries by Neutragena - which was nice. I think $200 + + is steep for all that but maybe Chicago is booming. Probably worth about 30% less.

One warning. The American Grill - the hotel's 'restaurant' - is truly awful. It is a canteen/diner used for the hotel's breakfast, with no ambience. I ordered a steak, thinking if it was a Gril at least a steak can't go wrongl . . .but it came overcooked, tough and coated in pepper. My guest's salmon was smothered in sugary sauce.

Midway seems a bit of a desert for good restaurants, so no idea where else one should eat. But the American Grill at the HGI is definitely not the place. I knew I was taking a risk eating at an airport hotel, but even so, it was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Targetsea
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was nervous about this location but with a 6am flight we wanted some place VERY close to Midway Airport. I have to tell you that reviewer BlondeAllOver is correct. There is nothing at all wrong with this location. There are several hotels within this large fenced in property but it is very open to the outside with no problems at all. Directly across the street from this side is a cute little well kept subdivision of middle class homes on small lots. We walked with no fear or issues outside and all the way to the corner of the airport, quite a few blocks away, for dinner at Giordano's Pizza. We're glad we did. Of course you aren't going to have the fanciest neighborhoods by the airport. But to be this close to the airport with all these conveniences around...it's a mistake to not stay here.

We loved the shuttle service especially since this location was the first on, first off location. We didn't have to drive around to all the other hotels upon arrival. This is a shared shuttle service for all the hotels in the complex. And on the morning of departure, we are the ones who got the shuttle on the dot at 4:20.

The ladies working the desk were very nice, the cookies at the desk were really yummy, and our room was large and extra clean. I was worried about the room while walking down the hall towards it. I always try to find an area for improvement when staying anywhere and this was it. The hall carpet has become very dingy and it really needs a good cleaning or better yet, a replacement at this point might be in order. I definitely wouldn't avoid staying here because of that since overall we found the hotel to be excellent in service and location. The rest of the hotel had no issues of dirty or dingy appearance.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family