“2nd stay”

Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at this property last year. I think we've found our travel spot whenever we travel to Chicago. Besides being in a different sized room, the bed was comfortable after a long day of traveling. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the high marks and compliments. We are so glad you continue to choose our location for your travel needs, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Reviewed February 7, 2014

He service is outstanding. They take care of your needs, provide great care and room cleaning. The exercise room is small but operational. The breakfast is standard fare, and the dinners that are provided are sufficient if your looking for a free meal. Great place for extended stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate the high marks and compliments. I will share your review with the staff and recognize them for their efforts. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My father has been staying here for years, and has always raved about the staff and quality of facility. My entire family went in December for a weekend and wholeheartedly agree. The management team introduced themselves to us because they recognize my dad as a loyal guest, and we were treated like family. I was most impressed that I noticed this was the norm--people were made to feel so welcome. The rooms are spacious and clean and breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the high marks, and compliments about the hotel and staff. I will be certain to share your review with the entire team. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and truly hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here for 2 1/2 months. We were greeted daily with smiles and well wishes, from the front desk staff Liz, Linzetta, Robert, and Christina. Linzetta and Liz had to make sure they gave our dogs treats every day. The breakfast is awesome. Gaby and Corina always put out a wide selection of tasty food. They were both very polite and always checked to see it they could do anything else for us. Housekeeping really kept up on our room. Corina and Veronica put extra effort in our room, especially because we came with our pets. Margaret is the manager and she made sure we were always comfortable. The staff here became family to us. They are truly a wonderful bunch of people. We always felt they cared about giving us the best service possible. A++++ for everyone . An exceptional stay. Danielle and Ron B.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while at the hotel! We truly appreciate the wonderful review and 5 Star rating! It was an absolute pleasure having you and your family here with us! Your "furry kids" truly brightened up our days!

We hope to see you again soon!
Happy Holidays to you and your family,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this property the first weekend of November. Upon check-in the front desk associate was very welcoming and friendly. Once she was informed that I was travelling with my wife who is still recovering from ankle surgery, she placed us in a room that was on the ground floor and close to the exterior door to the hotel. This was greatly appreciated and made my wife's stay that much easier.

However, the next morning (Sunday, Nov. 3) in the breakfast room, my wife and I witnessed one lady from the breakfast staff turn away a guest for breakfast. The guest wanted to make a waffle in the waffle iron, but was told that he needed to be 16 years old to operate the waffle iron. In my estimation (I have 16 and 17 year old sons) this young man must have been close to 13 or 14 years old. I decided at that moment that I would just stop my breakfast and help this young man by making his waffle for him and got up to do so. Just before I could reach the waffle area, the young man (who was upset) took off back to his room. I asked the staff member (she was grinning) who had just turned the guest away if she could show me a posted sign or policy that stated that a guest had to be 16 years old to make a waffle. She pointed to a faded printed sign that only stated that children must be accompanied by an adult to operate the waffle iron because the may burn themselves. While this reasoning is understandable, I told her that that the sign didn't state an age and that usually it is assumed that the word 'children' implies someone who is under 12 years old. She immediately began arguing with me stating that a 'child' was someone 16 and under. I disagreed, and it still didn't change the fact that nowhere in the breakfast area did it say that you have to be 16 years old to operate the waffle iron. I asked at that time to speak to a manager. Apparently, the manager was not there that day, so she gave me a sneer before she ripped the sign down off the wall and told me to follow her to the front desk. There was some sort of housekeeping meeting taking place at the front desk, and the front desk clerk (same one who checked me in) was extremely busy on the telephone. The breakfast lady slammed the sign down on the counter in front of the clerk and told her that she needed this sign changed to state that only guests 16 years and older are allowed to make waffles. I was flabbergasted. By the way she treated the young guest (who is black) and myself (mixed-ethnicity) made me suspect that racial undertones were contributing to her attitude. Not only was this breakfast lady rude, argumentative, and unhelpful, it seemed like she was making up policy to suit her prejudices. I didn't have time to stand around to argue with the staff, so my wife and I left the area and went back to the room. I called the front desk several minutes later and explained to them what I had witnessed and why I was upset. Both my wife and I felt that if this breakfast lady was so worried about the guest burning himself by making a waffle, she should have offered to make his waffle for him. That would have been great guest service! Instead, she refused service and got into an argument with another guest (me) about a policy that may or may not exist. The front desk clerk apologized for the breakfast lady's behavior and said she would talk to her.

The next morning the front desk clerk had a small courtesy bag waiting for me. It contained a note of apology for the situation among other goodies. Though, I felt it unnecessary (I hope the young guest received the same or more) since the clerk had already apologized to me previously over the phone, I thought this was a very nice gesture. If it was not for the thoughtfulness, courtesy and professionalism of the front desk clerk, I would have rated this property lower.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Will N
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I was very disappointed to read about the issue you encountered with our breakfast attendant. I assure you service like this is not typical of our location, and the staff member involved has been addressed. Thank you for pointing out the great service you received from our desk agent, Liz. I was relieved to learn that she was able to somewhat recover from your experience, and I have thanked her for stepping in on behalf of management. We truly appreciate your business, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Beautiful room that seemed really new. Full kitchen with glasses and dishes/utensils plus separate kitchen area, living room and bedroom/bath. Great bedding and very comfy bed. There was a free hotel shuttle to the airport where you could get catch a train to go downtown. Breakfast was just ok. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We truly appreciate the high rating and compliments. I will be certain to post your review for the team to see. It is great to know that our amenities were suitable to your needs while in Chicago. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn by Mariott at Chicago Midway in first week of October. Though it is a long stay hotel, I stayed for only 2 days while I was there for business.

Its a decent hotel, with breakfast and evening snacks included the room fare. The reception staff is friendly and very helpful. The hotel has a small swimming pool, a gym, and the rooms are equipped with kitchenette, fridge, microwave.

For a short business traveler the kitchen is of no use, but a good work table would do and I found that lacking here. The table is small and right as you enter the room.

The toilets need upgrade too.

Otherwise a fine place to stay. If you have to stay here, kindly ask for rooms on the higher floors, my room unfortunately was on the ground floor with no view.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Margaret D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn Chicago/Midway. We truly appreciate the high marks and the compliments about the hotel & staff. We also appreciate the feedback regarding the table and the toilets. We can always use guest feedback to help improve the hotel. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford Park
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!