“Terrific hotel with great service”

Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Terrific hotel with great service”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I spent a night at this hotel and we wish that our stay had been longer. The room, a studio suite with king bed, was immaculate. Breakfast was very well done. But the outstanding quality was the service and the friendliness of the staff, who went out of their way to insure that we enjoyed our stay. We arrived in the afternoon. We had a flight out of Midway the following morning and we decided to save time by turning in our rental car at the airport that night, instead of waiting for the morning. I mentioned our plan to the young lady behind the desk, whose name was Paige. She told me that I could take the car in, return it, and take the bus to the terminal, where I could catch a van back to the hotel, and take a van directly to the airport in the morning. She gave me her telephone number at the hotel and told me to ask for her if I had any problems. When I got to the terminal I couldn't locate the area where the van was supposed to stop. I called Paige on my cell phone and she patiently directed me to the right spot. She showed genuine concern and I really appreciated it. With employees of her caliber I would be happy to return to this hotel whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback regarding your stay. We have a great staff and Paige is an exceptional team member that always goes above and beyond! I am glad that she was able to take care of you and your needs!

Maria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never experienced a hotel like this where the service was above and beyond expectation. I swear the cleaning ladies are ninja's. Went to breakfast for 10 minutes came back and my room was clean. No cleaning lady in sight. They would also leave notes saying have a nice day and other nice things each day. More importantly, they helped take care of my 1 year old puppy while I was gone. One of the staff had the most bubbly personality. She made my day each time I saw her. I believe her name was Paige C?.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were there for the tae kwon do national championships. We stayed for 3 nights in the corner suite. We were greeted by front desk women named Paige. She was very friendly and very helpful. Our room was amazing. Very clean and very comfy. A little disappointed that our bedroom tv had a scratch on the screen and that the tv did not have all the channels like it did in our living room tv. We loved the exercise room. They guys i was with enjoyed training in there. We were also happy that there was a pool there as well. Breakfast was complimentary. It was hot and yummy. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would love to come back.

• Stayed July 2013
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. We will also look at resolving the t.v. issue that you had mentioned.

Maria Middleton Nied
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After spending time in Champaign, Illinois with family, we went to Chicago for the day and had an early flight leaving in the morning from Midway Airport. This Residence Inn was a perfect location, being only less than 5 minutes away from the departure gate. It is housed in a complex of about eight hotels, and my mother is a LOVER of the Residence Inn brand for Marriott. She enjoys the FREE breakfast, the swimming pool and the laid back nature of the environment. Paige at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Even in Chicago traffic it was only a 20 minute drive down the Navy Pier on Lake Shore Drive. This is another plus. The rooms are very large with all the necessities, kitchen, pullout sofa bed, refrigerator, two LCD TVs. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for the great comment and I am happy to hear that your Mother is a lover of our brand! Besides the complimentary breakfast we also offer FREE PARKING for all of our guests who have a car.

I look forward to your return visit!

maria middleton nied
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is in a complex of 6-8 different hotels and is tucked away in the back corner. If you're on a budget, one of the great things about this property unlike some of the others I checked in the complex is that you don't have to pay a separate parking fee. I was also wowed by the friendliness of the entire staff. The hotel was well maintained and clean. Our room was quite spacious and comfortable. They serve a hot breakfast in the morning with a nice variety of options. Overall we had a great visit and would stay here again when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for pointing out that if your family is on a budget, the Residence Inn is the best choice within the Midway Complex for Chicago and the surrounding area.

Thank you for choosing us!

maria middleton nied
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stopped over here on business in Chicago. It is in a group of 6 or 7 different hotels all in a sort of compound, with a couple of restaurants. It is a little hard to find as it is over in a back corner. The rooms are spacious and quiet with all the facilities you need, and the bed is comfortable. Breakfast is provided but it is not the greatest food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Holks
jtavessude
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Spent St Patrick's Day weekend 2013 here to save a few bucks and get out of the downtown crowd. This is a wonderful place to stay! The property is well maintained, quiet and staff is very helpful. The front desk staff made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived, and had us checked into a clean comfy and spacious room in a jiffy. This marriott property is fifteen minutes from Midway Airport with free parking and shuttle to the train. It doesnt get any better if you have a family of four and want to do a weekend away in Chicago. We really enjoyed the location and were able to get into the city center via the shuttle and train inside of 50 minutes on this very busy weekend. We would have spent more time than that driving and finding a place to park at $20 for each day (ie check out the CTA 3 day pass for $20).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us anf for giving the Residence Inn a great rating! We are a great deal, as you stated, if you do not want to be within the crowds of Chicago but you are near enough to enjoy all that the city has to offer.

I look forward to your return visit.

Maria Middleton Nied
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!