“One of the best”

Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have never experienced a hotel like this where the service was above and beyond expectation. I swear the cleaning ladies are ninja's. Went to breakfast for 10 minutes came back and my room was clean. No cleaning lady in sight. They would also leave notes saying have a nice day and other nice things each day. More importantly, they helped take care of my 1 year old puppy while I was gone. One of the staff had the most bubbly personality. She made my day each time I saw her. I believe her name was Paige C?.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were there for the tae kwon do national championships. We stayed for 3 nights in the corner suite. We were greeted by front desk women named Paige. She was very friendly and very helpful. Our room was amazing. Very clean and very comfy. A little disappointed that our bedroom tv had a scratch on the screen and that the tv did not have all the channels like it did in our living room tv. We loved the exercise room. They guys i was with enjoyed training in there. We were also happy that there was a pool there as well. Breakfast was complimentary. It was hot and yummy. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would love to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. We will also look at resolving the t.v. issue that you had mentioned.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

After spending time in Champaign, Illinois with family, we went to Chicago for the day and had an early flight leaving in the morning from Midway Airport. This Residence Inn was a perfect location, being only less than 5 minutes away from the departure gate. It is housed in a complex of about eight hotels, and my mother is a LOVER of the Residence Inn brand for Marriott. She enjoys the FREE breakfast, the swimming pool and the laid back nature of the environment. Paige at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Even in Chicago traffic it was only a 20 minute drive down the Navy Pier on Lake Shore Drive. This is another plus. The rooms are very large with all the necessities, kitchen, pullout sofa bed, refrigerator, two LCD TVs. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for the great comment and I am happy to hear that your Mother is a lover of our brand! Besides the complimentary breakfast we also offer FREE PARKING for all of our guests who have a car.

I look forward to your return visit!

maria middleton nied

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is in a complex of 6-8 different hotels and is tucked away in the back corner. If you're on a budget, one of the great things about this property unlike some of the others I checked in the complex is that you don't have to pay a separate parking fee. I was also wowed by the friendliness of the entire staff. The hotel was well maintained and clean. Our room was quite spacious and comfortable. They serve a hot breakfast in the morning with a nice variety of options. Overall we had a great visit and would stay here again when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for pointing out that if your family is on a budget, the Residence Inn is the best choice within the Midway Complex for Chicago and the surrounding area.

Thank you for choosing us!

maria middleton nied

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stopped over here on business in Chicago. It is in a group of 6 or 7 different hotels all in a sort of compound, with a couple of restaurants. It is a little hard to find as it is over in a back corner. The rooms are spacious and quiet with all the facilities you need, and the bed is comfortable. Breakfast is provided but it is not the greatest food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Holks
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Spent St Patrick's Day weekend 2013 here to save a few bucks and get out of the downtown crowd. This is a wonderful place to stay! The property is well maintained, quiet and staff is very helpful. The front desk staff made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived, and had us checked into a clean comfy and spacious room in a jiffy. This marriott property is fifteen minutes from Midway Airport with free parking and shuttle to the train. It doesnt get any better if you have a family of four and want to do a weekend away in Chicago. We really enjoyed the location and were able to get into the city center via the shuttle and train inside of 50 minutes on this very busy weekend. We would have spent more time than that driving and finding a place to park at $20 for each day (ie check out the CTA 3 day pass for $20).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us anf for giving the Residence Inn a great rating! We are a great deal, as you stated, if you do not want to be within the crowds of Chicago but you are near enough to enjoy all that the city has to offer.

I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I want to give a shout out to Paige Chodur, this hotel's Operations Supervisor, who was the most friendly hotel staffer I have encountered in my too many to mention hotel stays. When I arrived this past Friday, March 15th, 2013, Paige greeted me and my group with the biggest smile. She checked us in with a co-worker and made sure all are arrangements were set. That is not the remarkable part. During our stay, 4 days, 3 nights, every time I saw Paige she had a smile on her face and a pleasant, always helpful attitude for me as well as anyone else I saw her be in contact with. That is remarkable but not even what prompted me both to tell Paige directly, and tell one of her Managers, but to also right this review, my first. My group and I held an all-afternoon, 3 and 1/2 hour meeting in the lobby area one day and from my seat I could see the front desk area for the whole time. Throughout this meeting, I watched as Paige continued to show every single person and situation she encountered with ease and that great smile. That included: having to move our group out of our meeting room at 1:00 pm so that they could prepare for that afternoon's baby shower in that room; greeting all the baby shower guests as they arrived, including the one guest who arrived in full irish gear (it was the day of Chicago's St. Patrick's Day parade) including a "Kilt" which I have always thought was a Scottish tradition but, I digress; at least two delivery company personnel; a number of non-baby shower related check-ins; and what appeared to be a very persistent guest who kept returning to the front desk area for some unknown reason, at least to me. So I give my first online review to Paige Chodur. Thank you Paige for making my first three day with my new company, yes the first day I arrived was my first actual day with a new company, much calmer for me by being such a positive presence within our Residence Inn Chicago Midway, St. Patrick's Day weekend community. Bravo.

Room Tip: I always like to be on an upper floor away from the hustle and bustle of the front desk and check in...