“A Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bedford Park
Buffalo, NY
“A Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed at the Residence Inn - Midway on a recent business trip and, quite frankly, wasn't expecting much; I certainly didn't anticipate the stay resulting in a tripadvisor review. I travel quite a bit each year but NEVER have I stayed at property with a more delightful staff. From check in to check out every employee at this hotel was courteous, friendly and helpful. I arrived a few hours later than anticipated and thought my dinner would be delivery pizza or the chocolate bar at the bottom of my carry-on. Was I ever suprised to see that several restaurants deliver until 10 and 11 o'clock at night; yes - there were even menus in the room. Both my room and the hotel, in general, were very clean and comfortable. (For those on you who are light sleepers like myself - the fan on the thermostat was perfect for drowning out background noise!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Awesome hotel and staff. I stayed for an extended period for work, and the staff is like no other hotel staff I've ever stayed with. They truly enjoy having you as there guest. And they go out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant stay. Maria the manager is truly a rare find, and is a great people person. I can honestly say I miss her and her staffs wonderful personalities and "smiles" everyday...

Room Tip: all rooms are nice. I prefer the studio because the T.V. s are a bit bigger.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank leo h
duncanville,texas
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The room was great. Maid service was excellent, room was cleaned and mopped everyday. Food was great, personnel was friendly. Would recommend this place of stay. Close to expressway, not far from downtown Chicago, close to rail and bus service. Enjoyed the stay this will be my first choice of stay at Chicago. Had a kitchen area, home away from home setting great for a family with children.

Room Tip: Rooms was clean, maid service everyday. Had a kitchen area, home away from home setting.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank capricorn42
rivernorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments as we always appreciate positve feedback!
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel using my Marriott rewards points. We weren't expecting much, since normally you don't get much when it comes to reward program redemption, but from the moment we got to the hotel (via free shuttle from the airport), everything was wonderful. The staff bent over backwards to welcome us to the hotel.

We were greeted by a "manager's reception" which they may have well called dinner (included with the room stay). Our menu featured baked fish, fries, coleslaw, and more, complete with wine & cheese, as well as a selection of desserts. After dinner, we headed up to our room, which was a suite that, in addition to a full bath and king size bed, included its own kitchenette, fold out sofa, microwave complimentary bag of microwave popcorn and two flat screen televisions. The room was clean and comfortable too.

In the morning we were treated to a full hot buffet breakfast, also included with our stay. Even though I don't have a base of comparison to the other properties at Midway, this was definitely one of the nicer hotels that we've stayed at and I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BTCompKSU
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Had to get to northern Indiana from NYC so I flew into Midway then stayed the night.at this property about :15 away from Midway airport. It was a quick overnight stay but I found this newer hotel to be quiet, the studio room very comfortable with a thoughtful layout (I could easily see staying here for a longer term) - a huge flat screen TV, comfy sofa, a kitchen as big as mine in Manhattan, nice work desk, dinette . . . probably my sole complaint about the room is that the lone blanket was very meager and I was cold, but unwilling to turn on the heat which would have only made the room stuffy. Parking was free and convenient.

The staff person at check in (late flight arrival) was very cheerful and more than helpful in his desire to assist me with my directions for the next morning.

The next morning I grabbed a couple of things for breakfast and took them to my room. The breakfast was far from memorable but I suppose better than nothing if you have to get on the road. Overall I found the hotel tidy, quiet, bright, with a nice but predictable decor. I would return. While the price seemed pretty outrageous, it was in line with others in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MiddleNameGO10019
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here on an extended stay and have to say that it was a really nice hotel. The room was more than spacious, great kitchen, bathroom was clean, and really new looking. Check in was easy, front desk was very nice and polite and breakfast/dinner attendants were wonderful and took care of us. The hotel also provides a free shuttle which was great and free internet. There aren't many options for food around except for overpriced hotel restaurants. There is a Giordano's and White Castle down the street that were decent. If you walk too far you will be in the ghetto, so watch out! The shuttle runs every 20 minutes or so and is usually prompt. My biggest concerns were over people lingering around the hotel that don't appear to be guests. During breakfast and mostly dinner I observed quite a few cars pull up, people walking over from other nearby hotels, and getting in line for food. Basketball court, pool and whirlpool, and guest computer were also tied up by 'non-guests'. There needs to be a way to keep people out of the hotel for the safety of paying guests. It made me feel a little unsafe at times. Other than this, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SCNick1217
San Diego
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed here on an extended business trip to Chicago. Wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Rooms was comfortable, spacious and warm. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!