“A great neighborhood restaurant.”

Tribella Bar & Grill
Ranked #15 of 78 Restaurants in Batavia
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have been visiting Tribella since their opening some 12-15 years ago, and from day one, the food and service has been top notch. This despite several ownership changes and the obvious staff turnover. One nice thing about Tribella though, is that the staff actually doesn't turnover nearly as frequently as other restaurants, so you can develop relationships. The food is as reliably good as it was when they first opened, and this is simply a great place for dinner and/or drinks after a movie (it is located about 200 feet from the Randall 15 theater in Batavia, or just a spur of the moment on a weeknight. It is a testament to ownership that they can continue to turn out high quality, well prepared meals. A few of my favorites are the white wine steamed mussels, Sicilian Pizza (yes they have excellent thin crust "artisan" pizzas), and the Tournedos of Beef. As it is an Italian style steakhouse, they have excellent pasta dishes which are enough to feed two people. All in all, a great place for drinks after work, dinner or just a nice snack. If you're going on a Friday or Saturday, I would call ahead or go online for a reservation, as walking in could have you waiting 45 minutes or more for a table.

3  Thank thepsi

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Tribella has been a favorite of ours since we moved into the area fifteen years ago. The atmosphere is tastefully done and the lighting is perfect. The wait staff are very attentive and seem as though they enjoy their job. While there, try the rigatoni, my husbands favorite. I usually order one of their chopped salad varieties. For these reasons we consider Tribella an old standby.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great service and good food. Something for everyone.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Love this place...go there frequently. Like it so much, we're having our anniversary dinner there this Fall for about 30 family members.

Never have been disappointed with any of their selections. Reasonable prices and, with one exception, excellent service. Waiting time not bad with reservations. Excellent wine choices with reasonable prices.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

This medium-sized restaurant is a bit off the beaten track, and easy to miss if you don't know it's there. We heard about it from friends. The menu is mainstream Italian, sort of, with a strong emphasis on meat, with some a few fish dishes.There were no vegetarian entrees. My wife, a vegetarian, had to piece together a soup, salad, and a few side dishes to make a meal that, for obvious reasons, she wasn't thrilled with. I made out a lot better, ordering one of the daily specials, a nicely prepared sauteed whitefish with a an interesting tomato-based sauce, and a very nice salad (that I split with my wife). There was a decent, freshly baked loaf of bread (with a crust treated with nice Italian herbs), served with a reasonably nice olive oil.

As to the service -- it starts out nicely enough when a pleasant young lady welcomes you and recites the daily specials. She's followed after a suitable interval by a waitress who takes your order. It goes downhill from there. The streets were full of fresh snow, so I was hesitant to order a drink. By the I had my salad, I'd looked around, noted some interesting-looking beer taps in the adjacent bar, and decided I'd like one if the selections were good. They were -- but it took ten minutes to get the waitress's attention, and another ten minutes to get the beer. And this is on a snowy night with no more than a half dozen tables occupied, and lots of staff standing around chatting.

The next service lapse came as we were finishing our meal and waiting for a check, and felt a really strong draft. We looked around and noted some staff members had donned outer garments. When we were able to raise someone, we complained about the cold. The response was that "they had to open doors to the outdoor patio to move some tables in or out, and that they were almost done." Doing something like this with customers in the restaurant is thoughtless on the part of management.