“BIG BOUY FISHIN MARCH 2014”

Big Buoy Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: At Big Buoy, we are committed to provide you with the sport fishing vacation of your life. We offer all of the amenities that you need: a well equipped, state of the art cruiser, an experienced captain, a gated villa with chef-cooked meals . . . all of the perks at an affordable price.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Olathe, Kansas
“BIG BOUY FISHIN MARCH 2014”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

It was a Great trip. We caught 11 sailfish on flies and 5 on a spinning rod that was being used for teasers. A lot of the time we had multiple fish to cast to and on the second day we opted to catch doubles with the teasers rather than pass up the opportunity. We brought a lot of fish to the boat and had doubles all three days, which is really exciting. We stayed in a great villa with excellent home cooking. For all 3 of us it was a Trip of a lifetime. We had a great crew each day and Captain Eric took care of us from the moment we arrived until we departed and he showed us a great time. He even took us out for ice cream every night, which can be an adventure in itself in Guatemala.

Cotter, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best fly fishing adventure ever”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was the best charter fly fishing trip I have ever taken. Capt. Eric or his shuttle service met our party of 3 at the airport and ensured we were safely transported to a villa to begin the best 3 days of fly fishing for sailfish we had ever experienced. Captain Eric will put you on the fish and has an amazing network to keep you on them. The three of us had many opportunities due to the excellent skills of his crew they teased the fish to within casting range. We managed to bring 11 sailfish to the boat on a fly and would have had many more if we (me :-( )had been more skilled at setting the hook properly. Catching sailfish from 80-130lbs on a fly rod is one of the most fantastic experiences you will ever have. It is amazing to have 18 to 20 opportunities per day to cast to sailfish, sometimes 2 to 3 chasing teasers at a time! If you fish with conventional tackle the results would have been many times more. There are so many fish in that area! If you want to have your best chance of catching sailfish, this is the place and he is the captain you should book. He is also one of the most reasonably priced charters as well. I almost don't want to let the cat out of the bag, this is a fantastic bargain!
The food was excellent and the villa and with pool is beautiful and comfortable inside a gated community. Captain Eric is an excellent host and the Guatemala sights were amazing. They take care of you from the time you land until the time you leave, very safe!!! I am taking my family next time!

West Des Moines, Iowa
“"I'm going back"”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

What a great trip. we had excellent sailfish activity. I caught a 50 pound Dorado at 11:15 and we ate it for lunch before noon on the boat. "Best tasting fish I've ever had". Eric also provided breakfast and dinner which was over the top. Thank you Eric.

Visited February 2014

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

After a few fun but underwhelming fishing charters in our other travels throughout Central America we had a magical day (and a few fun nights) out with Eric and Big Buoy Charters. The amount and variety of life in the waters here are unmatched - we saw giant pods of dolphins, blue whales, turtles and every type of fish and bird you could imagine - and the fishing was sensational. The real highlight for me was catching my first sailfish on fly. The highlight for my girlfriend was Eric's hospitality in letting us stay at the luxurious Villa, picking us up from and dropping us off in Antigua, taking us out for dinner with his family, and making us delicious fresh sashimi from the tuna she caught on the boat. A brilliant time that ranked right at the top of an amazing trip.

Visited January 2014

2 Thank TobyM1234
Axtell, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"This is the place"”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My son and I went last week,( 3-11 thru 3-14) we caught 44 sail fish 3 dorados and 5 yellow fin tuna in 3 days. If you want to catch a lot of fish this is the place, everything is included, food was great, what are you waiting for.

We are planning our return trip, with some of our friends.

Thanks Eric