“Update - Not Longer Boloney's!”

Boloney's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #3 of 76 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed December 16, 2017

Now called Showtime, similar menu (tho way shorter) but will have beer and wine soon as well. Not actually eaten here as new venue. Hope it's as good as Boloney's was.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Very old sandwich shop attached to the Barrington theater.Not much of an atmosphere here but good sandwiches and a large variety of subs.Great for a sub to go or munching on one while enjoying a movie at the attached Catlow theater.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

That's right...grab a sandwich here and eat in the theater...it's encouraged.
Catlow shows are at 7pm during the week so sometimes we just grab a bite here right next to the movie house. We like the menu and the staff is great!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were driving through Barrington around 7 pm on a Saturday night. I found out about this delightful sandwich shop from the many reviews on Trip Advisor and we decided to try it out. We are so glad we did! First of all, it is attached to the Carlow Theater with an open doorway between the two. I've been told that you can order your lunch or dinner and they will deliver it to you to eat in the theater. The shop was full with more people in line. That says a lot about a place at that time of night. You order at the counter and it is brought to your table. My husband ordered the Dagwood on French Bread. It was payed thick with ham, salami, turkey, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and thousand island dressing. My sandwich was the Turkey Salad with lettuce and tomato. I opted for an onion roll. The turkey salad was like a chicken salad and quite pleasingly included sweet peas. Quite different and delicious!! We also each got a bag of chips and a sodas. The sandwiches were so large that we could only eat half and saved the rest for the next day. And this was the regular size! We were told that the larger size was the same size bread but with more filling! We couldn't imagine!! We live 3 towns away but will be back many times. There are so many other sandwiches to try!!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I Googled a "lunch place" while we were shopping in Barrington and Boloney's is highly rated. Small sandwich shop with indoor seating and we saw a lot of take out orders being picked up from this neighborhood spot. We ordered a Reubenesque and a Mini Sub and an Ice Tea. We sat at one of the tables to wait and my husband remarked the bill was $26. I told him sandwich prices were $7.50 and $8.00 on Google and asked if there was a receipt. He said he hadn't received one. The sandwiches were humongous and very delicious. My husband could not finish his sub and brought half home, and, I almost finished mine. The only thing we can think of is that the clerk super-sized our sandwiches (priced at $10 for most sandwiches) even though we had not asked for that. Good sandwiches but won't be back.