“Sandwiches were great! Prices were a bit high.”

Boloney's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #3 of 76 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I Googled a "lunch place" while we were shopping in Barrington and Boloney's is highly rated. Small sandwich shop with indoor seating and we saw a lot of take out orders being picked up from this neighborhood spot. We ordered a Reubenesque and a Mini Sub and an Ice Tea. We sat at one of the tables to wait and my husband remarked the bill was $26. I told him sandwich prices were $7.50 and $8.00 on Google and asked if there was a receipt. He said he hadn't received one. The sandwiches were humongous and very delicious. My husband could not finish his sub and brought half home, and, I almost finished mine. The only thing we can think of is that the clerk super-sized our sandwiches (priced at $10 for most sandwiches) even though we had not asked for that. Good sandwiches but won't be back.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

We visited on a Friday night to pick up some sandwiches to take as a picnic for an outdoor movie. We have lived in Barrington for years but had never been here. It was great! A nice selection of sandwich choices and even the "small" size sandwiches were huge. Loved the options with avocado. The prices are competitive and the food tasted great. It is a nice change from chain sandwich shops and we will be back.

1  Thank butterpuff
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Most of down town Barrington, IL remains as it has been for decades, due to the historic society of Barrington and I love it. Boloney's sandwhich shop is one of those hidden treasures. Next to the historic Catlow Theatre, Boloney's is just that kind of place you find every once in a while. No shining, updated decorations. The chairs and tables have probably been there for 40 or more years, but the most amazing thing about the cute little sandwich shop is the size and flavor of the amazing sandwiches. They are so thick you can't even get them in your mouth. The food is all fresh and served at the counter. Also, if you are planning on seeing a show at the Catlow Theatre, which is connected, order your sandwich, go grab your seat in the historic theatre and the staff will deliver your sandwich to you in the theatre. No frills, just good food in a very cool historic little town.

1  Thank jprisl
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Ordered the tuna and egg sandwich. Way too much dressing made the tune like mush and tasteless. The egg salad had no flavor at all. You only get the sandwich for $6.50. Over priced and would not go back. I think Jimmy johns is better.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Sister lives near Barrington so while I was visiting we were going to do lunch.........I had a taste for a Reuben. Had not had one in years but my tastes buds were wanting something different for a change. I sister has raved about this place and believe me, I agree 100%. OMG this is everything that all the reviews said it was so I feel very comfortable joining these elite reviewers for their good taste.
First of all this place is a small movie theater so date night will definitely be different but a success. Caution: Sandwiches are very filling. I belong to the clean plate club, however, I had left over’s. The meat had no fat and the preparation of the sandwich was perfect. The atmosphere is like eating at Grandma’s house, very clean…and the sandwiches are reasonable for what you get. I was there last summer and I am planning a visit with my sister and the sandwich is part of the plan…….Sorry I didn’t post soon…….Enjoy!