“Slainte”

McGonigal's Pub
Ranked #16 of 78 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great atmosphere - loved whiskey Wednesday !!!
I was there last evening for a concert upstairs - great food and friendly staff

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Everyone's a little bit Irish, and everyone has their favorite Irish pub. McGonigal's in Barrington scores high in every way that matters--food, drink, authentic atmosphere, owners and staff who provide a consistently enjoyable dining experience. I find the food in most pubs substandard. The owners must think that after a few drinks, no one will notice. Not so at McGonigal's. Here the quality is high, the portions are hearty, and the value is unparalleled. I've entertained family, friends, and business associates here, and power hitters from the North Shore have returned because they think it's such a terrific restaurant. It's the real deal and the closest to my ideal casual restaurant. You will enjoy it, too.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went with a couple friends to watch the hockey game. The food never disappoints and the service is friendly and prompt. The interior is fun to look at but noise reverberates and it can be difficult to hold a conversation if it is a busy night.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I had dinner and drinks here with some friends. This is a large Irish pub that has a large bar with a huge restaurant with many tables. This used to be a bank building. There is also a bar on the third floor. My wife had the Corned Beef and Cabbage that she said was very good but said there was not enough cabbage in proportion to the corned beef. I had the Pot Roast, which was tremendous and delicious. We had a very friendly server who was quite efficient.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Husband and I tried this restaurant Friday nite. 8-2-13. Looking for some yummy Irish food. 1st of all the menu was small. but thats fine. what they did have then would be really good. I got the Salmon BLT with salad. The salmon was very fishy. Extra mayo didnt help. The bacon was so over cooked, it broke all apart as I was trying to eat it. I gave up. salad was good. Husband got the Mash and Bangers. Good potato mash, not good sausages. Just didnt hit the spot. I got the house wine, Cab. ok. Husband got 2 very small absolutes on the rocks, 16 bucks. We practically had to yell at each other it was so loud. All in one small room. Just not what we were looking for.

1  Thank mommynelie