“A friendly, casually elegant restaurant with great, fresh choices.”
Review of Ciao Baby!

Ciao Baby!
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We love coming here for dinner. We certainly have been in at least twice a month since we happened upon it for the first time in March, though it's been there quite a while.

We walk in, are welcomed by friendly, engaging staff, and are seated at a paper-covered table with fresh flowers. They start you with a tasty, freshly prepared bread and oil dip. The menu is wide and the specials varied. The stuffed meatloaf with grilled veg is truly delicious. Most entrees include a light chopped salad that is very fresh and nice.The pizza, in a market full of great choices, is truly stand out with fresh toppings and a terrific light crispy crust. Simple dishes like the burnt pasta and four cheese pasta are stars because of their freshness.

The wine selection is nice, and they seem to have a good choice of beers, as well as limoncello; I'm not sure what other adult bev choices are available, if that is important to you.

We've only sampled the gelato and cannelloni but both are top-notch. Other desserts look wonderful.

Treat yourself to a nice time at Ciao Baby! You will not be disappointed. The prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity of food served.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Our first time eating here I was surprisingly amazed at how delicious the food was, how attentive they were to our kids and genuinely friendly people working there. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

While my family and I were waiting for my new car to be ready, we thought we would try a place highly recommended by the car dealer. For a restaurant were you order at the counter and it's deliverred to your table, I wasn't expecting it to be great. But, it was. The only reason I am giving it one star was when it was my son's turn to order, the man looked at me then my son and asked him if he wanted a taco or burrito and then he laughed. While people presume I am hispanic, I'm not and neither is my son. I thought is was rather racist although subtle, however, this is an example of how racism is perpetuated in our society.

1  Thank Toni S
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Unfortunately with only about 13 tables, they do not take reservations but we arrived about 6:00 o'clock on a weeknight and had no trouble getting a table. As I had not heard about the restaurant, I had no great expectations but every bite I took of the salad and the chicken piccatta were outstanding. They must use an extraordinary olive oil on their salad because the dressing was delicious. The chicken had a nice after bite to the sauce which I look for when ordering this dish. The waitress was attentive, fun and prompt. We did bring our own wine for a corkage charge although they had sufficient wines to offer. The servings were large so we had enough to take home and have a repeat meal! Pricing was reasonable. I really don't think I have tasted Italian food any better than this establishment.

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to this restaurant after seeing high ratings on tripadvisor. Was pretty decent. We had sandwiches. We will go back to try delicious looking salads and some pasta. Nice, casual place that you can take the family to.