“Pretty good place...”

Ciao Baby!
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to this restaurant after seeing high ratings on tripadvisor. Was pretty decent. We had sandwiches. We will go back to try delicious looking salads and some pasta. Nice, casual place that you can take the family to.

There are newer reviews for Ciao Baby!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Barrington for years has suffered from a lack of dining choices, but now this is changing and Ciao Baby! is the reason why. Great food, great service!

1  Thank Lubes60
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Two of us walked in on a Monday evening about 6:20 looking for the friend we were meeting. She wasn't there yet. Only 2 tables were full, so we decided to walk around the block on such a nice night. As we left the restaurant, two more parties were entering. Hmm, maybe we should get a table now. By the time our third party arrived, the place only had one table left! That gave us an idea of how the food would be. I ordered the Double Eggplant Parmesan, which was nicely crisp with a slightly sweet marinara. One friend ordered the traditional version of their stuffed peppers of which I had a taste- wow! The third friend had a lovely chicken with vegetables and pasta (I don't remember what it was called, but our waitress recommended it.) The salads were a mix of chopped greens, peppers, tomatoes, and onions with a delicious vinaigrette. Crispy bread was served with oil and balsamic. I wished the bread was soft, but I guess that was OK, as I would have eaten too much and spoiled my meal.They also had a nice wine list. I would definitely go here again!

2  Thank DryEyes
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have dined at Ciao Baby! several times and it has always exceeded our expectations. The entrees are always interesting and flavorful. The portions are incredibly generous. The last time we were there, my wife actually had an appetizer for her entree. It was a lobster pot pie that was a unique approach to an old classic. I had their Italian jambalaya, a combination of large prawns, Italian sausage and chicken. The depth of flavors in the sauce was impressive. Both of these dishes were from the chalkboard of daily specials which change every day, so that each visit is an adventure. One of the best restaurants in the Chicago suburbs,and one you'd be proud to bring guests.

1  Thank Sam H
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I both had one of their specials, lobster tail, shrimp and fish with Italian broccoli over pasta. Unbelievably wonderful!!! Everything came in its shell, which added to the flavor. I loved eating it with a spoon, as it was more of a broth than a sauce, and that way I got the full flavor with every bite!!! It was excellent. It came with a salad, and bread with their own twist on olive oil dipping sauce; it had balsamic vinegar and spices, really nice. The salad was certainly big enough!! We shared the sea salt caramel ice cream for dessert. Great meal, loved the menu on the wall in chalk, very lively, waiters were great!! Will definitely come back soon!!!

1  Thank KevSarBren