“PL8- Fabulous!”
Review of PL8 Restaurant

PL8 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
PL8 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hart Rd.
Transit: Just a few minutes away from the Barrington Train Station.
Description: The exciting, new restaurant in Barrington. The yin and yang of food and ambiance creating a whole new trend in Asian cuisine. pl8 offers a fresh, imaginative menu of classic Chinese cuisine side by side with Japanese kitchen creations and sushi. pl8 is where you will find a chic city restaurant located in the suburbs. Where you'll find superd et unpretentious service. A menu that is sweet and savory. Classic dished with a smart twist that are 'simply Asian'. We can't wait for you to experience the best of Asian cuisine coming together on one pl8.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

You will not be disappointed by PL8! Amazing menu. Beautiful decor. Helpful staff. Big windows. Great for a group function or a romantic dinner.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

PL8 is one of our favorite area restaurants! Many of the dishes are a bit spicy so proceed with caution, and the décor is original and fun! They accept reservations through OpenTable and have a wide variety of dishes - from sushi and specialty rolls to soups and traditional/non-traditional Asian fare. An unusual bar and unique cocktails round out the atmosphere - try the Crab Rangoon Chopsticks appetizer!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Inventive rolls, best non-greasy Pad Thai we've ever had, innovative specials change frequently. Great service, good ambiance.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day, and it was great. We had reservations and were immediately seated upon arrival. Our waiter was very informed about the menu and was able to steer us toward some truly excellent dishes.

We ordered spicy fish and a Hunan chicken. Both dishes were excellent and both had some good heat to them. Trust your server if you are told about the heat. I like spicy food and was glad that our server gave us some good advice.

Great service and an excellent staff. A must dine here place in my book.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time visiting the restaurant. I picked up a take out order for my family on new years eve. While I waited for my order I observed the restaurant and it looked like a great place to eat with an upscale atmosphere. I ordered some nigiri and a couple maki rolls. I thought that some of the raw fish was a little fishy tasting like it wasnt fresh. The rolls were tasty by nothing to rave about. I have tried numerous sushi places and I would say this place was average. This place also offers other asian food other than sushi but I didnt try it so I cant speak for it.

1  Thank Jeff D