“Nice Place”

Francesca's Famiglia
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's Famiglia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 76 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hough Street
Transit: Conveniently located within walking distance from the Metra train stop. Enjoy a quick bite or coctail or a leisurely meal while you wait for train or friends on the train.
Springfield IL
“Nice Place”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

First visit to this Francesca's. Spur of the moment while in town for business/family. Sat outside on a gorgeous evening. Food plentiful and reasonably priced. Limited but good wine list. Friendly, reasonably attentive service. Will be back.

Chicago, Illinois
“An Off Afternoon?”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I have been here before and thought it was excellent; this past Saturday we stopped for a very late lunch/early dinner, about 4:30pm and we were one of two tables in the restaurant. The service was horribly slow, not sure if the bar was unmanned but a glass of wine or beer was hard to come by. I also noticed they modified their carpaccio, which I'm a big fan of. It was still quite good but they've backed off on the beef and removed the arugula (for you arugula fans out there). I will say the halibut they've added to their menu was outstanding. To me it had a bit of an asian taste, probably because of the green onions that were served as part of the topping. My husband didn't agree with that assessment, he had the same dish. We both did agree it was the best halibut we'd ever had.

My rating reflects the poor service.

• Visited June 2012
Barrington, Illinois
“Not a great place on a holiday”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

They were out of too many items, and it was only 7:15 p.m.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“I'll Be Back!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

It was one of those day time dates with the Hubby, had a craving for Carpaccio....the sweet earthy taste of paper thin prime raw sirloin with deep nutty parmesan reggianno, arugula, and olive oil. OY....I was in 7th heaven as I ate through my appetiser and proceeded to order the same thing for lunch.....LOL what a carnivore I am. It was outstanding (believe me, I'm not in the habit of eating two servings for my meal!!!!) but hey, I worked out for nearly 2 hours that morning and had only a protein shake beforehand. Hubby had pasta, he was delighted to have take home to enjoy again that evening. The wine was sublime, the atmosphere was nice, we sat by the window looking out at the sunny but cold day and were greatful for having a few gift certificates to supplement the bill. If you're a "real" carpaccio fan (i.e. like you get in Florence), this is close, but NOTHING is like Florentine sirloin.

• Visited December 2011
Barrington, Illinois
“Jennifer B.”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The portions are large, enough for take out or to share. The atmosphere is lively and the service is great.

1 Thank ejandr1