“Consistently very good food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kelsey Road House & Gino's East
Ranked #28 of 77 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kelsey Road House has been around since 1971 and since February 2011, Gino's East has joined our family. We have a huge selection of delicious, fresh home cooking and our Legendary Gino's East Chicago Style Deep Dish. Join us any day of the week for great food and drinks.Kelsey Road House and Gino's East are located on the corner of Northwest Hwy and Kelsey Road in Lake Barrington, Il. We are a family casual dining restaurant that serves great food, good drinks, and a happy atmosphere. We have two floors and four dining areas that includes a dungeon dining downstairs(GREAT for kids), upper level dining, screened in patio, and an open air beer garden that is welcome to pets.Our deep dish pizzas do take up to 45 minutes to bake but it is well worth the wait. We have a selection of games inside and baggos during the summer set up to keep the kids busy. However, if your in a hurry you can always preorder your pizza by calling ahead of time.We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have been eating at Kelsey Road House & Gino's East for years and the food is consistently very good. Enjoy

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Brought my daughters in last night and the food was fair. Not as bad as other reviews but was just OK. $12 for a Chicken Wrap was a bit pricey.

1  Thank TeleMiketing
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had been regulars at Kelsey's for several years (up to three nights a week when we were busy and unable to cook) Unfortunately, the other reviewers are correct- things have gone downhill very quickly. I don't know if it was the change in adding Gino's pizza or what.

They also changed their prices/menu significantly after they added Gino's. That normal sandwich/burger and fries went from 9.99 to 12.99+. That was a significant jump with absolutely no increase in quality or taste.

Servers are so hit or miss now. Most are new faces, but they seem to be poorly trained and overwhelmed. On our last (and likely final) visit, I actually went up to the bar to wait for a soda refill because we couldn't find our server (or any server) anywhere. We had an issue with the bill (charged for a salad we never received) and they acted like they were doing us a favor for taking it off the bill when we never received the darned thing!

The quality of the daily menu options has also dropped. They used to offer interesting and tasty plates as nightly specials and now they are just nothing that even sounds good.

It's a shame as we like to support local restaurants, but the owners at Kelsey's had better wake up and start fixing a few things. I would probably try one more time, but my husband is done.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Horrible experience please save your hard earned money! The food was cold and the service was even colder. Attitude of management was just miserable. Save yourself from a terrible dining experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just got back from eating at Kelsey's. Had the as menu states Famous Fried Chicken. Absolutely without a doubt the worst fried chicken I have ever tried to eat. Raw skin under the unappealing and horrible tasting batter. When I picked up a leg the batter all fell off exposing a yellow white skin that looked just gross. The only food my wife and I had that was worth eating was the salad. Never go back to this place they need the chef that does makeovers there. Throw away the crap and start over again.... Yech all I can say they don't deserve 1 star....