“Quiet retreat”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bannockburn
Champaign, Illinois
“Quiet retreat”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Lovely place to stay outside of Chicago. Staff very helpful. About a 30 minute drive to the city, but public transportation is available. Restaurants nearby, but not in walking distance. Although we didn't use it, there was a very nice pool and breakfast available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Glassartist01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Western New York
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We recently stayed at La Quinta for about 3 nights with family. As our family is comprised of myself, my wife, and our two children under the age of 3, a suite fit us nicely. Our 3yo slept comfortably on the pull-out coach bed and the hotel provided a crib for our 11mo.

Our room was comfortable and the hotel overall was nice - close to the highway (essentially it is adjacent to the highway). The breakfast they provided was your standard fare - waffle maker, bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee, etc. The hotel also had a pool which my 3yo enjoyed immensely. There was a play area for kids in the pool area which we didn't use a lot but it was neat to know that there was that option available. Overall, pretty good as far as accommodations are concerned.

The "some issues" area:
- Front desk staff/other staff: there were just three "incidents" (I hesitate to call them even that) relating to the check-in process, a housekeeping request, and the TV in the eating area that felt a bit unprofessional. Nothing that serious, really. I felt that a response I received from one person at the front desk was a bit curt and a request for housekeeping was not made. The housekeeping staff was great, I just don't think a particular request had been passed on to them. One morning the TV was on rather loud. I glanced around the room and noticed that no one else was watching the news (only two others there) so we turned the TV down. A staff member came in the room and turned it back up. We then turned it down again (partly because our young son was in the room and the news was particularly violent that day).
- Cleaning pool and dining areas: with a 3yo and an 11mo, we are bound to make some "messes" around meal times (crumbs on the floor, sticky tables, etc.). I noticed that some of the areas we sat for breakfast weren't cleaned the next day for breakfast. Secondly, the pool was great but I noticed a few times that towels left by others around the pool remained the second day and the "shower" area of the pool where people had brought their soap, etc. to shower after being in the pool hadn't been cleaned the entire week. I also had the pleasure of removing some floating band-aids from the pool one morning. However, the pool temperature was awesome - like bath water. I had a lot of fun with my 3yo playing in it. It was "clean enough" that it didn't prevent us from enjoying it.

Again, these weren't huge issues and I'm sure if you're just there for an overnight stay, you won't even notice. However, being there a few days revealed some minor issues. If I could choose an option between "average" and "very good" I would. The most important parts of our stay were certainly met.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the highway, which might provide some nice "white noise" but t...
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The most spacious and most thoughtout hotel I've stayed in. great living room, bathrooms and great food. The area is great, plenty of places to eat around. the swimming pool was excellent. Will definitely return if in that area again

Farmington, Missouri
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Everything from Location, cleanliness, staff courtesy, the pool, breakfast and everything else was top notch. I have never stayed at one of your Hotels before but will be back. I liked the online low price guarantee........You are right...I could not find a lower price from any of the travel sites that beat the one I got directly from you. Thanks for the enjoyable stay!!!!

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is one very nicely appointed hotel. The breakfast is served well. the hallways are quiet, and the staff are indeed friendly. There is easy access to the Illinois Tollway…and that is where the trouble begins. If you are staying there, be sure to ask for a room that faces to the inside circle drive and not the outside rooms. The outside rooms get every sound from the IL Tollway and that noise is extremely loud and awakens people as early as 4.00am. It gets quiet about 10pm, but for several days it was a 4.00am wake-up call as trucks and cars entered the tollroad and trucks did their jake-braking to get off at Half-Day Road.

The price is great for the service and the amenities. The room was large and an exceptional workstation and I would stay there again, as long as they could guarantee me a quiet room. Additionally, the hotel leaves about an inch of space under the doors to slide paperwork under the door, but then at night the full light of the hallways shines through that gap. A simple towel corrected that problem, lest the room be light enough to keep a person wake. It seems that either a door sweep at the bottom of the doors would work, or dimming the hallway lights at night would be nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DrMarkES
United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have stayed at this LaQuinta many times as a TIU student with my family and now as an Alumni. The rooms are spacious and always super clean. At most cheap hotels, the comforter on the bed normally grosses me out because it's old and dingy, but at the LaQuinta they're bright white, soft, and always clean. I wish I could take one home! :) This hotel offers great amenities for a weekend stay alone or with family with it's free wi-fi, hot tub, and pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This property needs attention. Great location and once was a showcase level LQ. They are in need of a redo top to bottom. Even the coffee was awful! The guy at the front desk was friendly and super efficient but after that it was very disappointing.

1 Thank Jennifer C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bannockburn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield? Share your experiences!