“We keep coming back.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bannockburn
Boston Massachusetts
“We keep coming back.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is really a review of two longer visit separated by a year. Our first visit in June of 2010 was for about 10 days. We drove from the East coast to adopt our son nearby. We ended up arriving a day early (we did our 1000mi drive in one day instead of overnight) and the staff was very pleasant in getting us a room so late at night on short notice. The hotel was among the cleanest I've stayed. Part way into our stay, we added an infant to the mix. The staff was thoughtful in putting us in an out-of-way room from other guests and for getting the word out to the cleaning staff we would be living out of our nest/room for the next week until we could drive back home. We weren't disturbed and our collection of baby gear wasn't, either, unless we asked. Howard, one of the managers, gets particular kudos in accommodating our needs and recommending nearby places. We couldn't ask for a better person to deal with. The beds were comfortable, sheets and blankets clear, everything worked, and the bathrooms were very clean. The breakfast was generic continental style, but that was fine.

We returned a year later and had no issues in finding a room with a separate master. This one had a hot tub. Again, everything was as clean as before. We had a crib for the little one that was in great shape. Howard was as friendly, personable, and efficient as ever. The other staff were friendly and efficient, too.

If you need a reasonably priced large room or suite north of Chicago, I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment. If we are back in the area again, we'd return in a heartbeat. The hotel is just off the highway in a safe and well-kept area. Easy access to Six Flags up north, and reasonable rides into Evantson or suburban subway stations on Skokie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank staplehead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My son and I stayed here when he was auditioning for scholarships at several colleges in the Chicago area including Trinity International University which is right next to the hotel. Very spacious clean rooms. Good breakfast. We were able to walk to his appointments at Trinity from the hotel. Reasonable room rate compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this clean and welcoming hotel. The room and common areas were pleasant, the pool and hot tub were nice. The night staff were very helpful to myself and my young son. Great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a good rate of less then $70 from hotwire and have stayed here a couple of years ago. The property continues to be clean,friendly and priced within reason. This La Quinta has larger rooms and hallways then the other ones I've stayed at. We stayed one night after spending a hot but good day at six flags at Gurnee only about 12 miles away. We arrived about 9;30 PM and were treated very friendly and served very efficiently. Clean is what stands out in this hotel so what a treat to be in a clean and fresh room.after a hot noisy day. Our two teenage children had a second room and it was as clean as ours. I would normally not put a La Quinta above a two to two and a half stars but this one is very worthy of its three star rating by Hotwire. It just has the roominess and feel of a plusher hotel, We used there "order Inn" service and had a great meal at a reasonable price within a half hour. The Micro and fridge were so nice to have and were in their own wooden cabinet. The couch and chair in the sitting area were firm and clean and the extra space is wonderful. The AC/Heating unit looked brand new. The breakfast is average but is served in a much nicer sitting area then the average two star motel. Again clean is very evident there and around the large indoor pool that is seen from the eating area.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for families, couples and business travelers. One last three star feature I loved was more then one elevator. The internet was free and fast that evening. Only issue I kinda had was the traffic noise so ask for a room away from the highway side.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are quieter. Use top floor so no noise above you. Use the Order Inn feature i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Pros:
* Rooms are good sized and have sitting area with couch & chair, desk, fridge & microwave
* The beds and pillows were pretty good
* Safe area
* My room was facing towards the front of the building and I could not hear the highway noise.

Cons:
* Some of the front desk staff could stand to be more personable and friendly. Some of them were fine though.
* The doors to the rooms slam shut loudly. I'm a light sleeper, so didn't sleep well here. Have had this problem with other hotels also.
* It wasn't filthy, but the floor/baseboard area (in the hall and throughout the room) looked like it needed a thorough cleaning - dusty with some particles. The rest of the room was clean.
* Strong smell of air freshener in the room, which I don't care for.

Conclusion:
This place isn't too bad and it's not super great. If the price is right it could be a decent choice. I'm a finicky sleeper so my search goes on for a quiet room (no door slamming) for when I come to the Chicago area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was an excellent experience. The hotel was clean, friendly, pet friendly, nice pool and work out area.....overall I highly recommend this location and will stay there again myself the next time I am in the area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Wonderful rest for the weary. The staff was so accommodating in all interactions.. Rooms were spacious with comfy beds and all accoutrements.
Will seek out La Quinta in my travels due due this excellent stay.
Conveniently located, excellent employees. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bannockburn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield? Share your experiences!