“lots of room -- for improvement” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel

Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Worley
kuna
“lots of room -- for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

I was here for a conference. We had been told we had a rate of $70 a night. First I went online to make a reservation and the hotel came up as booked; as it turns out, I had to call to make the reservation.

When we arrived and checked in, the rate came up as $70 for the first two nights and $90 for the third night. I protested and was told that was policy. I later found the conference organizer and checked and was told it was indeed $70 and to go tell them that; that time, when I did, they said the charge had been taken off.

We tried to log into the wifi in the room and it didn't work. We called the desk and were told they couldn't guarantee wifi in any of the rooms. Fortunately we had a router, which we plugged into the Ethernet, but the wifi in the entire hotel was inconsistent.

The food is good but pricey for a casino. We tried the coffee shop, the buffet, and the food court.

Our first morning there, the maid left a note on our beds saying she hadn't been able to make them because there were "personal items" on the beds. We had a stuffed animal, two laptop computers, and an item or two of clothing on the beds -- I've never before been told that the beds couldn't be made because of that. We also lost our bathmat and the open shampoo and soap we'd been using. One of the small bath towels had a hole.

As others have mentioned, it's a very smoky casino and you have to walk through the casino for everything. My clothes all smell of smoke and I didn't even spend time in the casino other than walking through.

I was late for one meeting because nobody in the hotel could tell me where the room was. It turned out to be at the back of the restaurant, with no sign.

The room had no refrigerator. Oddly, we had a terrible time getting real dairy products for coffee.

Our room keys kept failing. One time I went to replace the room key, and then wanted to ask a question, and the clerk just went on to the next person after fixing the key even though I said I wasn't done. She also didn't apologize or anything.

The indoor pool and hot tub are nice but the first night there, though parental supervision is supposedly required, there were three teenage boys roughhousing in the pool and using language in front of my child that was so bad she was sitting there with her fingers in her ears. I finally had to speak to them about it. Hotel staff came in and didn't say anything to the boys about where their parents were.

The bathrooms are inconveniently located on the conference level; you have to walk *through* the conference rooms, and then through a casino area. One time, the bathroom had a sign on it saying it was closed because a man was cleaning it (similarly, I also saw a man's bathroom closed because a woman was cleaning it -- couldn't they have switched?) -- but when I went in, nobody was there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

I have been to the Coeur d'Alene Casino many times and enjoy it everytime I go. The staff is very friendly and eager to help you. They always greet you with a smile. You can tell they enjoy their jobs. They come around and ask if you want something to drink, there are lots of change people around and they have working ticket and bill cashing machines placed all around. You most definately feel welcomed and appreciated. This is the only casino I will go to and don't mind spending money. A large variety of machines to play and they are kept clean. Their staff do a great job keeping the cups, wrappers etc. picked up around the machines. I highly recommend this casino to everyone.

1 Thank enjoylife021
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

My husband and I wanted to getaway for a night and decided to stay at the Coeur d' alene casino. I can't believe I'd never been there before. We stayed in a king deluxe room and it was very nice, clean, and the pillow top bed was extremely comfortable. The only problem we had was we could hear the people in the room above us in the middle of the night, sounded like they were bouncing a pool (que) ball on the floor, but staying in a casino you would expect to have noise since they are open all night. We ate in the Sweet water restaurant (I think that's what it is called) and the food was very good and prices great. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish the hotel was a little cheaper on the price since I'm sure they make a lot on the gambling but still was affordable and will be looking forward to coupons coming in the mail. We had a great time and will definately be going back!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ptyhml
WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

Did not stay and will never go back. As a nonsmoker, I thought the place was awful. The staff was rude and was more worried about carrying on their own conversations than answering your questions. The smell of smoke was appalling. We were there for a show and because we ordered our tickets late- we were general admission. We were told to get there an hour early if we wanted a good seat. They have you line up in the smoking area of the casino by the slots. We were then told our kids couldn't be there next to the slots because they could be shut down. When asked what they would like us to do with our kids, we only got a dirty look. Once inside, we found out there were no stadium seats. We had no idea that the theater consisted of chairs and bleachers. The stage was so low it was impossible see the act. It was NOTHING like the commercials you see on TV. Don't be fooled! On a positive note, there were people driving golf carts around the parking lot offering rides to the casino (if a brief walk is too much for you). We were asked several times if we would like a ride. We declined as the walk was only a few hundred yards. It is sad that they are counting on their patrons being so lazy-or that they are trying to rest them up so they will have more energy to throw away their money.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank WaMommydearest

Travelers are raving about these Worley hotels

Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

We went for my husband's birthday. The only thing he was looking forward to was the Friday seafood buffet in the High Mountain Buffet. Needless to say we arrived about 6:30 pm Friday night only to discover that there was a 3 hour wait for the buffet and then they were not sure if we would be able to eat and would not even take our names for the waiting list. I guess you are suppose to get there at 2:45 pm and wait in line for the buffet to open at 3:30 pm. We ended up going to the Sweet Grass Cafe around 10:00 pm because we were put on that waiting list there as well. The food in the Sweet Grass Cafe is more geared to a person who appreciates presentation. Not the food. Sure it looks pretty but even when you are starving the best thing about it is the garden salad you get prior to your meal if you ordered a dinner. Several people I spoke with made the same comment. We did have a lot of fun gambling. However if you are going to win a big jack pot good luck. They are few and far between. Now to the part of the hotel room. The room was clean enough. The furniture is rustic and that is fine. However when we sat on the bed you would swear you were sitting on a board. If you are into the firmest beds in the world then their beds are for you. However if you are not into firm beds then don't stay there. It was a miserable nights sleep for me and I was exhausted when I went to bed. I tossed and turned all night. If you are looking for a wireless internet connection apparently you have to go up to the fourth floor or stand by the pool area. I will say that the staff is really nice. I know that the hotel is expanding lets hope they concentrate more on comfort than the rustic looks of the rooms. And lets hope they make the buffet bigger and more seating.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Looingforfun
Spokane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

Many machines have non-functioning keys, the bingo operation is a sad ghost of its past self, customer service has really deteriorated over the past couple of years. Just not what it used to be.

Spokane, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

The hotel is very basic with a nice native decor. I found the beds to be very cheap, hard and uncomfortable. The pillows seemed to be something other than a standard pillow, more like fluff stuffed in a bag!
The worst part was how thin the walls were. I could hear conversations from all directions and heaven forbid you flush a toliet or take a shower! I had requested and gotten a non-smoking room, but they had smoking rooms on the same hallway so it wasn't as clear as I would have hoped.
The casino is all slots - no table games. There is a large non-smoking area which is nice as its first as you leave the lobby and not something you have to walk through the smoking section to get to - like all the eateries are. How smart is it to put the buffet in the smoking area? Not very - it made the experience of fairly good food unenjoyable. Which was made worse by our rude and indifferent waiter. He brought us drinks and then we never heard from him again, although he serviced every table around us!
There was a pool and hot tub, but it was teaming with kids up until it closed. Actually quite a few kids and teens running about which I found odd for a casino resort.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worley
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
#7 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

Been to Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!