“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Worley
Spokane
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Many machines have non-functioning keys, the bingo operation is a sad ghost of its past self, customer service has really deteriorated over the past couple of years. Just not what it used to be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Spokane, WA
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The hotel is very basic with a nice native decor. I found the beds to be very cheap, hard and uncomfortable. The pillows seemed to be something other than a standard pillow, more like fluff stuffed in a bag!
The worst part was how thin the walls were. I could hear conversations from all directions and heaven forbid you flush a toliet or take a shower! I had requested and gotten a non-smoking room, but they had smoking rooms on the same hallway so it wasn't as clear as I would have hoped.
The casino is all slots - no table games. There is a large non-smoking area which is nice as its first as you leave the lobby and not something you have to walk through the smoking section to get to - like all the eateries are. How smart is it to put the buffet in the smoking area? Not very - it made the experience of fairly good food unenjoyable. Which was made worse by our rude and indifferent waiter. He brought us drinks and then we never heard from him again, although he serviced every table around us!
There was a pool and hot tub, but it was teaming with kids up until it closed. Actually quite a few kids and teens running about which I found odd for a casino resort.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Worley hotels

Okotoks,Ab
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My wife and I travel 8 hours to Coeur D'Alene Casino spring and fall. We have been doing this for a couple years. The rooms are free account previous play in the casino. We spend less than going to Vegas and find it very relaxing, yet energetic at the same time. The meals and service are good. The rooms are clean and quiet.

Looking forward to our return in the spring.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GamblerOkotoks_Ab
Corvallis
Reviewed September 19, 2009

When I lived in Spokane, we went there periodically and always have had good service, excellent rooms, great staff, wonderful food. I live in Montana now and don't get there as often, but have been there to stay 3 times in the last few months, and plan on going again in a couple of weeks. I'd recommend it to everyone. How people can say it was dirty or anything else bad is beyond me. It's a wonderful place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank chaid
Surrey, BC
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I initially liked some things about the Resort...now after the day is done I am very disappointed. We ate supper at the restaurant and although the catfish was good, the steak was totally inedible. I tried it after my wife took one bite and said she couldn't finish. I called the waitress, she took the food away....and all was fne, except the steak was charged to us.

Also, we enquired into the golf and stay package that they were offering and were told we would bot be able to find a tee-time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boomer616
sacramento
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Let me start by saying that we didn't end up staying in the rooms we booked because the place is just dirty. We reserved non smoking rooms but the ventilation is so bad that they shouldn't even bother offering NS rooms. To call the rooms rustic is putting it nicely. Any more rustic and you might as well have stayed outdoors. Bathrooms are filthy. The grout in the bathroom was suppose to be white, but resembled tar. The carpet was so worn and dirty that you could see the dirty beaten path to the door. We came all the way from California to golf at the "One of the Top Ten courses" which it might be, but had to spend that evening searching for a suitable place to stay the night. This review is being kind.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Smoke, Dirty bathrooms, worn carpets
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank scagle
BC Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Wife and I ran away after work this last Friday night and checked into the Coeur D'Alene Casino and Resort Hotel for an overnight get away. Arrived at 10 PM and had no problem with our reservation. We were away from the check in desk and to our room in less than five minutes. Room was spacious and clean, as was the rest of the Hotel and Casino that we were able to see. Looked like they have a really nice pool/hot tub area, but we didn't have time to take advantage of it. Spent an hour or so on the gaming floor and I was able to walk away after an our of video slot play with my original $20.00 that I started with. Only complaint was that the matresses were the typical cheap under padded motel units that leave coil spring marks on your hip and shoulder. Obviously they would like you out on the casino floor or on their golf course rather than in your room. On the positive side, they are only about 15 minutes from the Plummer or Heyburn State Park trailheads of the Trial of the Coeur D'Alenes and some excellent asphalt paved bike riding.

• Liked — Spacious and clean hotel/casino
  • Disliked — Upgraded matresses in the rooms would be nice.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Jeffry P K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worley
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
#1 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Liberty Lake

Been to Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!