“A must see and experience while in Wallace.”
Review of The Fainting Goat

The Fainting Goat
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Wallace
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Fainting Goat A Wine Bar & Eatery sits in the heart of beautiful Historic Wallace, Idaho. The whole interior of the space is crafted with industrial salvage, reused and repurposed materials. All tables are made by hand with reclaimed wood and the space boasts the original hand painted vault door from 1895 and doors that are over 200 years old imported from India. The food is contemporary tapas with regional wines for glass pours and 16+8 bottle Enomatics, featuring all international red and white wines along with craft beers, microbrews and hard ciders. Race Jones, Executive Chef.
Keene, California
“A must see and experience while in Wallace.”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This new addition to Wallace is a must see and fabulous experience for anyone who loves a small wine and beer bistro. This beautifully designed wine bistro is something you would see in Architectual Digest. Michele was friendly and was a delight to talk to at the wine,beer and cider bar. You will love this experience while in Wallace. FIVE STAR EXPERIENCE !!!

Visited March 2014

Wallace, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inovative Chef, Excellent Food, Impeccable Service & Wonderful Atomosphere”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The chef is truly gifted at creating unique flavors and textures in his tapas menu. The owner and staff are always welcoming and the service in impeccable. The decor is unique and imaginative, yet comfortable. And then... there's the Enomatic !The Fainting Goat has raised the bar in North Idaho! Bravissimo!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Flowerpowergirl838
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing hidden Gem! Belongs in a downtown of a major city.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were in for a real treat when we arrived. The chef was out of town so the owner prepared specialty items. Loved it! Great beer selections, we were there for lunch so we didn't try the wine. Beautiful decor. This belongs in downtown Coeur d'Alene. Will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Amazing food, beautiful restaurant, service lacking”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Like many other reviewers, my husband I were thrilled to find a wine bar in Wallace. We were pleased with the considerable ambience, and very much enjoyed the plates we ordered. The only problem was with our server, who although very friendly, was either distracted or inexperienced.
We opted initially to order 2 glasses of wine from the bar, which we enjoyed, but then sat empty as we watched the server buzz about tending other tables. When she did finally check back with us we told her we'd go ahead and get a card to use the enomatic dispenser. She chatted with us about the card, explained how to use it, and promised to return with it. We returned to our meal, and didn't see her again until long after we'd finished eating. She had obviously forgotten about the card, and was oblivious to our empty wine glasses so we just asked for the check.
I hesitated in writing this review because over all, our experience was good. However, having worked in the service industry I found the lack of attention to our table troubling. Creating such a unique, beautiful setting and bringing in the best of chefs is like making a promise that the experience will be just as outstanding, and in our case, it just wasn't.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank travelwufe
Demogirl66, Owner at The Fainting Goat, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your honesty and taking the time to review our restaurant. We strive daily to excel in providing outstanding service to our guests so it is disappointing to know we missed the mark this time (for that I offer my sincerest apologies as I know how frustrating that can be). However, as a business owner it is important for me to be aware when we are not performing up to our set standards so I may address the issue accordingly. I would greatly appreciate a personal email letting me know the approximate time and date you visited us so I can focus on the team needing additional training. My email is lana@faintinggoatwinebar.com. Again, thank you for your enlightening review.
Spokane, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I visited this place not long after they opened on a day trip to the little town of Wallace, ID. I was stunned what I found there....a gorgeous old historic building that had been amazingly restored in a way you don't find in most big cities let along small mountain towns....truly a work of urban art. While I enjoyed myself then I didn't have high hopes the place would survive given it's location and demographics but was hoping for the best. Let me say, not only has it survived, but it has thrived and even improved, if that was possible! I went skiing with some friends recently and was anxious to stop by to see how this new fave was doing. The owner was there and she gives fantastic service and is super fun and knowledgeable about all of her wines...she makes the customers feel like old friends which is wonderful. She was very quick to brag about their new chef and how did this little place in Wallace land a chef from the Culinary Institute of America? Because they are awesome, that's why! The food was homemade, freshly prepared and better than just about anywhere I've eaten. Our table ordered his homemade pasta (amazing), seafood stew and the winter salad with a homemade apricot vinaigrette. His desserts were outstanding and we had one of each! I no longer worry about the success of this establishment....they are definitely on their way to putting Wallace, ID on the map as a foodie destination. Way to go and see you this summer!

• Visited February 2014

Been to The Fainting Goat? Share your experiences!