The Stardust Motel
$80
Priceline
$93
Travelocity
Riverfront Motel & RV Park(Thompson Falls)(Great Value!)
$83
Falls Motel(Thompson Falls)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelocity
Lakeside Motel & Resort(Trout Creek)(Great Value!)
$114
Travelocity
Bennett Bay Inn(Coeur d'Alene)
$95
Super 8 St. Regis(Saint Regis)(Great Value!)
$73
TripAdvisor
Little River Motel(Saint Regis)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshistoric townlodging choiceswalkable distancesmall townblast from the pastbathroom wallstep back in timemini fridge and microwaveroom was cleangreat sleeprooms are bigbike trailgreat weekendwould stay againshower headlate at nightnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Just read that this happened to someone else. I started unlocking the door to my room to hear someone shout "Hello?!?!!" then kick the door. I called "Is someone staying in room X?" A man called back, "Uh, yeah!" I apologized, explained that they gave me this room as well, and then had to LOAD ALL MY LUGGAGE BACK IN THE CAR AND DRIVE TO THE WALLACE INN!! The office at the Stardust is closed by mid-evening, and all business must go through the Wallace Inn. That's right - not only is there NO STAFF on duty at the Stardust, but I desperately needed said staff because THEY GAVE ME AN OCCUPIED ROOM!

My stern but polite suggestion, when I arrived at the Wallace Inn to explain the situation, was that rather than send me back to the dank pit that was the Stardust, they just give me a room in the Wallace Inn at the same rate. That, I felt, would have been the least they could do. But, as the other review stated as well, I didn't even get an apology, much less a discount.

Never. Stay. At. This. Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2009

If a hotel clerk gets one thing right it should be to ensure the keys for a given room are sold to only one customer.

I arrived after 11pm and paid for my room from the Wallace Inn desk (which manages the Stardust Motel after a certain hour). I pushed open the door to my room to find an older woman in a nightie blocking the entrance, staring at me speechless with terror that she was about to be robbed or murdered.

I can deal with skunky smells and moldy tiles (both found in abundance at the Stardust) but a hotel desk should never sell a room to two different customers. That's a deal breaker. If you have one job, that's it.

The desk offered no compensation of any sort - not even an apology. Next time I approach Wallace I'm going to lean on the gas a little.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Stay was OK. Its cheap so expect no bells and whistles, rather a bed a tv to sleep in.
There is no staff to get a hold of. Quite honestly I dont know if there is anyone there to service us clients. I believe they are there only a few hours during the entire day. I booked a night through Orbitz on our way to Yellowstone here. They are affiliated with the Wallace inn. This is where the calls to Stardust bounces to - coz no-one is usually there at the Stardust. If you call the Wallace Inn (the front desk folks at the wallace inn and courteousness are two parallel lines. They dont meet), they just tell you to contact the stardust motel. Not sure why the heck calls fwd to them in the first place.
We arrived late to the stardust and there was notice outside their office which said "go to the wallace inn to pick the keys". Went there (fortunately it was nearby), they took my credit card details (which i was told was for security reasons). After our trip was over, i realized that Wallace Inn had charged me again for the same night. So i contact my bank, they called stardust - couldnt get through them, the call went to wallace inn, they said contact stardust instead. Now along with me, my banker was pissed too with these guys. We then hung up. Next day I contacted orbitz, they said it was the motel's fault, so they too conferenced me with stardust, same thing - went to wallace inn, again 'contact Stardust'. Now we have the Orbitz gal pissed off as well.

I know the Wallace Inn folks are aware of these calls on this disputed case (coz they are ones who actually charged me, but didn't do anything about it.

Its not resolved yet, but I am determined in getting my money back. Though the next if we go to Yellowstone, i'm just going to whiz pass this one... Good luck if you do chose them.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Exterior doesn't look very good but rooms are normal hotel/motel standard. Rooms were clean. $40/night cheaper than more modern motels in vicinity and rooms nearly the same. Has guest privileges to use pool/spa/saunas at nearby Wallace Inn. Office is closed between 11 and 4pm, so check-in starts at 4pm. Little to no I-94 traffic noise. Good restaurants within two blocks.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I only gave the property a 3-star as I don't want to set other's expectations high. I stayed in Wallace for 5 nights and I found this to be an ideal place to stay for the right price (about $57 with AAA discount).

The room was very clean had working A/C and plenty of space to move about.

Be warned that some rooms come with things such as a mini fridge and microwave while others don't. You may need to request a room with these things in order to get them.

The office was generally open from 7-11am and again from 3-11pm. You need to scoot over to the Wallace Inn (off exit 61) to check in earlier if need be.

Once I arrived I didn't drive at all for the entire stay. EVERYTHING is within easy walking distance (3-20 minutes at most to anywhere in town). I enjoyed meals at the 1313 Club, The Smoke House and the Red Light Garage. If you can, catch a show at the Melodrama. Also, you can't beat the price for spa treatments and massage at Reflections spa.

Overall a pleasant experience and would stay there again given my tendency to travel cheap.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo