SmokeHouse BBQ & Saloon
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Wallace
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We loved the town of Wallace and we enjoyed our dinner at the Smokehouse BBQ. We sat outside. I had a local IPA . I would also recommend the Huckleberry Margarita.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Checked out the website for this restaurant as we were in town and looking for a place for dinner. It sounded like this would be a great place for some good BBQ. This was the worst place we've eaten at in a long time. The BBQ ribs were flavorless, the BBQ sauce choices "hot" and "mild" only and neither were very good. The cornbread that came with dinner with a thin barely 1" slice which was dry and old tasting. The mac and cheese tasted like leftovers. We thought we'd save dinner by having a piece of their famous "homemade" key lime pie. That was a sham. It wasn't even key lime pie but cheesecake with a thin layer of key lime syrup on top. Pricey for what we got. What really did us in was the waitress dusting during dinner. I prefer to eat in a clean and sanitary environment, not have our dinner spoiled by dust getting kicked up all around us. Surely this could be done when patrons are not eating in the restaurant! We will not eat here again or recommend it.

2  Thank SecretSurveyor
Bill W, Owner at SmokeHouse BBQ & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Wow, it seem that the SmokeHouse isnt your favorite restaurant....your review is clear. It seems incredible, that you didnt like anything you were served......meat, sauce, sides, EVERYTHING was not good, 99.9% of our customers feel the opposite of you, are you being paid by trip advisor.

and to TOP it off WE DUST with a SWIFTER. WOW

We know the SmokeHouse isnt for everyone, we find your review not to be credible and will be flagging it as such.

World Famous BBQ @ SMOKEHOUSE BBQ & SALOON celebrating our 9th year.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Traveling from Texas with our girls in an RV. Just got off 7 hours on the Hiawatha trail and needed a drink and anything else we could muster. Apparently not the first time someone in this area stopped in Wallace to get the deed done! Got a margarita (traditional) that was ho hum. Got a flavored "huckleberry marg" for my wife that was great. Brisket, pork and chicken Tres Hombres dinner was really very good - and I am a BBQ judge and cook. HOT BBQ sauce (check the label) was on time - good and hot. Anyone that says otherwise about these folks food is full of baloney! You are lucky to have this Cajun in town. Didn't get to meet the owner but I can tell you he knows well how to work a pit. Tried the Idaho Trout dinner and approved of that too. Back to BBQ - Ribs were tasty but too tender for my taste - seemed boiled, but the bar maid said no - I believed her, just a bit over steamed for my - most others will disagree cause people like falling off the bone ribs - not for competition, and that is what I do. Sides were good too. Kids happy. Wife happy. Not particularly cheap but not overpriced either. Dad was happy too.
Tried to sample the Jambalaya but got served rice pilaf instead - maybe the cook that shift thought that would be a good substitute but it didn't pass my wife or me. Checked with the bar staff and found it was a mistake - no problem, except they were out of Jambalaya so we couldn't test that channel. I would go back and recommend you do to. This and a Moose Drool hit the spot. Thank you kindly, padnah!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped for lunch here for the first time. We visit the Silver Valley area frequently on business. Hungry for BBQ. Very quaint and historic place, but the food was ho hum. We both had brisket (one sandwich and one brisket plate). Beans were good, mac and cheese seemed days old and not very "cheesy". The side portions were very small. Doubt if we'll eat here again....

2  Thank illiac999

Hope to see you again, we serve over 900 lbs of BBQ a week........so we must be doing something GREAT.
World Famous, Award Winning BBQ
Historic SmokeHouse BBQ & Saloon, celebrating our 9th year.
Thanks again

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Found this historic saloon/BBQ after we were told by our waitress at the City Limits Pub that it would be at least a one hour wait for our food. We were encouraged by the presence of many locals at this eclectic establishment. My wife & I both had the ribs which were excellent: lean & very tasty, even without sauce. The sides, coleslaw & baked beans were freshly prepared and very good. We sat outside to enjoy the parade of locals and tourists and had to go inside to find the waitress. The service was speedy & good once our presence was known. We enjoyed excellent local draft beer and the owner checked on our satisfaction with the meal. Overall it was a very good experience and we will definitely be back. It's refreshing to find a town where local mom & pop establishments survive and the scene is not dominated by the ubiquitous cookie-cutter national chains.

Been to SmokeHouse BBQ & Saloon? Share your experiences!