“Time warp #2”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Time warp #2”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

(Time warp #1 was when I checked in next door at the Stardust).

At this place you could almost say ‘Come to view the collections, stay for the food.’ I had been warned that this town closes down at 8 PM, being only 7 I was surprised to find that there was only one other customer in the place. (But this is a small town)

Not only was I greeted when I walked in, I was introduced. The couple that runs this place would do great at a camping lodge, they both were good at that kind of PR.

I had already had a bowl of soup a few hours ago so I was just looking for something light, so I ended up with breakfast. Eggs scrambled, bacon and potatoes. Food was good, but looking at their website I might have to try something else next time.

They only have one picture on their website of the interior and that does not do it justice.
www.redlightgarage.com

• Visited April 2013

Oxford, Mississippi
“The Smiths from Oxford MS”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great place with freindly people. My husband can't wait to go have another Huckleberry shake. Jmaie and Barbara are wonderful people and Christian people. I loved the way they had decorated the place. It was amazing to find out that Barbara is from Mississippi. We had dinner, Breakfast and then headed to Montana to visit children. Everyone we have talked to, told them if they were ever in Wallace the had t5o stop be and eat.

• Visited August 2012
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Year-round fun”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We first tried the Red Light Garage last summer while in Wallace to ride the Hiawatha Trail. It was great--good food, warm and friendly staff, and fun environment. We came back in December and it was even better! This is not just a summer place, but really comes to life with locals in the off-season. We felt like family and it was all just as good as we remembered from August. Worth a stop any time of year! This time, we stayed at the Hercules Inn, also owned by Jamie and Barb. Very reasonable rate and you get a full kitchen and use of laundry facilities and hot tub! We'll be back and soon!

• Visited December 2012
Central Washington
“Good Food, Fun Place”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had lunch here, and everyone was satisfied! With 4 kids, a teenage helper and 2 adults, that says a lot. It's a fun eatery and they have local brewery beers on tap as well as delicious shakes.
Service was a little slow, but it's a small family business, and we have learned that nothing in Wallace is fast.

• Visited August 2012
OLYMPIA
“The place is just a kick”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Homemade food, a crazy environment and friendly service was what we found in this unique little restaurant in historic Wallace, Idaho. Being a history buff, I had to stop in Wallace so that I could see the town that made Wallace an imfamous name in history. The Red Light Garage grabs your attention with all the stuff that they have on display. There is a flying saucer parked in the parking lot, mexican hats tacked to the ceiling, posters, antiques, a pen collection and even a herd of mens neckties strung around the room. The place is just a kick to see all the stuff that is accumulated there. It ain't fancy and the concrete garage floors don't have coverings, but the food is good. We had hamburgers and they were hand made, not the frozen formed patty stuff that you get at fast food restaurants. Really reasonably priced and friendly staff.

• Visited October 2012