“Slow and poor attention to detail”
Review of The Station - CLOSED

The Station
Cuisines: Healthy, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Station offers you a combination of casual American fare & fine dining in a rustic setting that highlights Victor's heritage. Our spacious dining room is sure to satisfy the experience you seek whether it be a romantic candlelit dinner for two in the quiet of our atrium or a casual game-side feast at our bar; and with our free wi-fi internet, there is no place like our atrium or our deck to breathe some sun into your summer work blues. Featuring quality food with a great price point, we serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner with wine and beer as well as a full espresso bar with organic free-trade beans. Our new menu is crafted with organic herbs and spices and is gluten-free friendly. Everything is made from scratch and made to order with expediency and with care. Some items you can find are homemade bagels and baked goods, house dressings and hummus, and our fine dining menu with an Italian flare.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have eaten there three times. First time was pretty good, but last weekend not so much. took almost an HOUR to get our food on Sunday and my scrambled eggs were not scrambled enough and the pancakes charred in places. The day before my wife's eggs were rubbery and over cooked. Wait staff was attentive enough but something needs to happen back in that kitchen for breakfast. Miss the Sun Dog and will have to find elsewhere for our breakfasts in Teton Valley when we visit. .

Rebecca H, Owner at The Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Teton Dude,
I am so sorry to hear that your visit was anything less than perfect for you. We do not do a traditional scrambled egg; we do a pan-scrambled egg. Though we find that the egg flavor is best this way we have decided to change it up to doing a traditional scramble only as folks like yourself are unfamiliar with the pan-scramble technique. We are also waiting on a new grill top on which we can do flapjacks (pancakes) only. Currently the flapjacks share the grill top with other menu items which make it difficult to maintain a low steady heat - hence the occasional char marks. Most folks love our buttermilk flapjacks and love the flavor even with the char marks, but my preference is golden brown as well so I am totally with you on that one! And I am sorry about your wife's eggs being overcooked. Fried eggs are a tricky one as it only takes seconds to go from over medium to over hard and usually our kitchen is great about recognizing this and remaking a set of eggs. However, when they are as busy as we get on a weekend morning (we serve over 150 breakfasts on a weekend morning), one 'bad egg' can certainly slip through. However if you simply let your server know, we are always happy to quickly fire another set of eggs for you. In fact we are more than courteous and generous in taking care of any issues you may have if you communicate with us in the moment. Now as far as your wait time, I do apologize that you felt your wait was too long. We have a system in place that alerts us to any long ticket times and last Sunday there were only two tables that waited longer than 30 minutes and those were both large tables with 8-10 orders apiece. They also walked in along with 6 other tables. So I apologize if you were one of those tables, but all we can do is our best. This is a family owned restaurant in its first summer, so we are certainly learning and refining our systems to accommodate the high summer volume. I would hate for you write us off so quickly, but that is your prerogative. We are different than Sun dog's in so many ways - we do all our food to order from fresh ingredients and we have a much larger capacity of 88 seats versus Sun Dog's 16. So though we aim for a 20 minute wait time on breakfast orders, when we are at full capacity a 30-40 minute wait time is not out of line. I think you will find that to be true at any of the Valley's breakfast places even at half the capacity that we do. I am very proud of our kitchen staff - their attention to detail and their ability to pump out over 150 delicious breakfasts on any weekend morning. They truly care about each plate's perfection and would be saddened to hear of your sentiments as am I. I do hope that you will reconsider and join us again sometime. Though on a summer weekend morning you may have to be prepared to wait longer than 20 minutes, any other weekday or winter morning will certainly prove otherwise. Perhaps, if you and your wife are too hungry to wait this summer you could try one of popular breakfast burritos or sandwiches to go. Just call ahead and it will be waiting for you - and we have a lovely backyard in which you could have a nice picnic among the blooming flowers! We do appreciate your feedback and hopefully next time you will feel comfortable enough to communicate any issues with your server or with myself, Rebecca - I pretty much live there! So please come on back and introduce yourself. I will personally ensure that you have the great experience that thus far 99% of our diners have had.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had high hopes for this new restaurant in town but have been disappointed. I went for dinner a few months ago with friends - service was fine but my pasta was drenched in oil, so much so that I couldn't really eat it. I decided to try it for lunch last week with family in town. We ordered burgers and kids meals. The waitress never asked how we wanted our burgers cooked - they came out well done, which was fine I guess. But there were only two other tables there and it took about a half hour to get our food despite the fact that there were about 8 employees working. And even though there were so many employees, most of which were just rolling silverware, the bathroom trash was overflowing onto the floor. Maybe breakfast is better, but I doubt that I will go back.

Rebecca H, Owner at The Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Andrea,
I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment - it truly saddens me as Rich and I put our heart and soul into this restaurant and care greatly about every diner's experience. Our breakfast is delicious, but so is our lunch and dinner so I want to be sure to address your concerns and hopefully convince you to come back for all three meals!
Yours is the first complaint we have had on any of our fine dinning entrees since my husband, Rich, took over saute in February. He constructs each sauce to order and does not use more than a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or butter for any pasta dish. But I would love to know what you had so that we can address any potential issues and certainly if we had known there was an issue with your dish in the moment, we would have been more than happy to re-make it for you. So please let your server know next time so we can ensure a great dining experience for you and learn from any possible mistakes.
As for your burgers - our servers are trained not to ask for a temperature on burgers as we have found they are best served well done. This is in part for health issues, but also our proven cooking process which has never disappointed a diner yet. That being said, you are welcome to ask for your burger to be cooked as rare as medium if you prefer - just let your server know. It is no problem.
And generally an order of grill fare takes no more than 10-20 minutes. However for a larger table it will certainly be on the longer side of that estimate especially if we have other large orders. Sometimes diners don't realize that we have seating for over 80 diners both inside and outside in addition to popular take-out orders. Though we train our servers to let a table know if their wait time will be longer than usual and to fire the kid's meals first, your server may not have realized this and failed to extend this courtesy to you so I apologize for that. I have trained them to check on each ticket time, but we have had some new servers join us at the start of July that were still learning the ropes. I assure you that long wait times are not our standard unless we are simply slammed in which case you server will give you her best eta so that you can decide for yourself whether or not you want to brave the longer wait time.
And I do apologize for the overflowing trash - ick! We have never had that issue before as the servers clean and re-stock the bathrooms three times a day which is necessary with our high volume of patrons. It sounds like you came in at a change-over period and that afternoon chore simply hadn't been done yet. When we have had a high-volume breakfast and start to run low on silverware roll-ups, we sometimes have to put two servers on restocking those before we can get anything else done. We never staff more than 4 servers at a time, so I am not sure who you thought was an employee but they weren't mine! ;-) Regardless, I will certainly let the servers know about the bathroom trash and perhaps consider getting larger trash cans so that it does not happen again. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
So I hope that I have addressed your concerns enough to to inspire a third visit. We have many loyal and discerning patrons who return on a weekly and daily basis, so I assure you that the norm for us is to provide great made-to-order food with low wait times and with friendly, attentive service. So please do come back and ask for Rebecca, so that I can meet you and ensure that the third time is the charm! Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

One thing that stands out is that they make all of their sauces from scratch. They buy as much of their food locally as they can. Great atmosphere with a large deck and cantina to site outside. Friendly staff. The owners are usually working and like to talk to customers to make sure they are enjoying their meals and want to know if there is anything they can do to make your experience better.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

On our way to Jackson Hole to deliver 2 puppies we stopped in Victor for lunch. We found a shady spot to park for the pups and were deciding where to grab a bite. I asked a local about another restaurant and he directed us to The Station. It is a darling little place and the waitresses were extremely friendly. Because of the heat they prepared our order to go, they made sure we had everything we needed. I can't remember what the name of the sandwich it was like a philly and it was fantastic. The fries were fresh cuts, being from Idaho that is important to us. I will definitely be returning there to eat.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was great, customer service was stellar, overall a good experience! Good enough for a wedding rehearsal diner.