“Best burger I've ever had!”

The Brakeman American Grill
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: The Brakeman American Grill is Victor's family friendly spot for the BEST Burgers, Sandwiches and delicious Salads. It's all about FRESH at The Brakeman. We grind our beef daily right on site and add our own special seasonings, fresh vegetables and a delicious sourdough bun to create the BEST Burger. Our fresh cut Idaho Fries are a terrific treat and accompany all Burgers and Sandwiches. The Brakeman serves freshly brewed Sun Tea, Fair Trade Organic coffee,sodas and a variety of local and regional beers and wines. The Brakeman is open for lunch and dinner.
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Best burger I've ever had!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I ate at The Brakeman for our last dinner in Victor, and it was wonderful. I had the Union Pacific bleu cheese burger, and I can honestly say I've never had a bleu cheese burger that good! I would go back for another if it wasn't a five hour drive. My husband had the The American Shortline burger, which he also really enjoyed. Our burgers really hit the spot after a weekend of hiking and fishing. The fries were also incredible- fresh and handcut! The three of us ate very well for a little over $30- and we had leftovers!

• Visited July 2014

Charlottesville VA
“Fresh ground burger with secret spices”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

A lot of railroad memorabilia on the walls, with zinc covered tables. Family owned and operated, with friendly service. Go for the junior burger unless you haven't eaten in 24 hours, it is a lot of delicious food.

Visited July 2014
TN
“Great burgers and fries”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The burgers are large and cooked to order. Everybody was happy with their meal. French fries are excellent too.We enjoyed our short trip to Victor.

Denver, Colorado
“Good burger, but I'll pass on the beer”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped here because we wanted to say we'd been to Idaho on our whirlwind tour of Teton/Yellowstone. While nice that they have local beers we each chose a different kind and agreed that all of them were terribly heavy on the hops. The burgers were tasty but I can't say there were to die for. Certainly they hit the spot after a long drive. Service was good and the price was reasonable. We paid $8.95 for a 1/4 lb. Brakeman with the works.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Their burgers are simply awesome.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

These are the best burgers I have eaten, bar none. The atmosphere is laid back and the personnel are amazingly friendly. I would rate this as the best burger in the US.

• Visited August 2013