“It is an AWESOME burger..”

The Brakeman American Grill
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: The Brakeman American Grill is Victor's family friendly spot for the BEST Burgers, Sandwiches and delicious Salads. It's all about FRESH at The Brakeman. We grind our beef daily right on site and add our own special seasonings, fresh vegetables and a delicious sourdough bun to create the BEST Burger. Our fresh cut Idaho Fries are a terrific treat and accompany all Burgers and Sandwiches. The Brakeman serves freshly brewed Sun Tea, Fair Trade Organic coffee,sodas and a variety of local and regional beers and wines. The Brakeman is open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The other reviewers are correct--this burger is Special. I ate there 3 times in a week, which is a lot for a guy that has cut back on his red meat consumption. The place is that good. The fries are special too. Highly recommend The Brakeman!

2  Thank 3georges
There are newer reviews for The Brakeman American Grill

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We loved this place. Nice decor, friendly staff, and hands down the best burger I've ever had. Mine had blue cheese and bacon, and it was heaven. The fries were awesome too - thin and slightly burnt at the ends, and delicious. Not the quickest service in the world, but well worth the wait.

spudsister, Owner at The Brakeman American Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

So very happy to hear that you enjoyed your burger and fries at The Brakeman. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Amazing burgers! Three had burgers and one had a salad. All were fresh and yummy. If you are in or around Victor, it is a definite stop! The fries were just as good as the burger. We were going to have an ice cream after, but we did not have room

Thank you for reviewing The Brakeman. We so appreciate your kind comments!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Yep, they have great burgers - there's no denying that. But they also have great options for vegetarians and gluten-free folks. Fresh yummy salads, veggie burgers, and gluten-free buns. The waitstaff and the cook are extremely friendly, helpful, and accommodating. This place is truly a rare gem.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I spent the summer in Jackson Hole, WY working at the Jackson Hole Playhouse. With only three days left of the job a fellow Actor brought me up the Teton Pass and finally into Idaho. We had hiked to see Ski Lake, a 6 mile round trip quiet, beautiful and lush trail. I was starving and he knew where the right place was; The Brakeman American Grill in the very small, one street town of Victor, ID. I ordered the: Oregon Short Line $10.95
Quarter Pound Junior Burger topped with a mountain of pastrami! Includes Swiss Cheese, lettuce, tomato, raw red onion and horseradish sauce on a bun with Hand Cut Fries.
I had no idea of what I was in for. It was the best Burger I have ever had and that includes an incredible burger at BGR in Orlando. The meat was Freshly Ground, the Pastrami extremely lean, a thick slice of crunchy Red Onion, dripping melted Swiss Cheese and the perfect Horseradish Sauce. The pile of perfectly hand cut French Fries filled the plate. I was in heaven...there was no way of me getting my mouth around such a tall sandwich but it was fun trying. My hands were a mess, my mouth was a mess, but my stomach was smiling. Should someone eat there every day? Of course not, but after a 6 mile hike through the incredible mountains of the Tetons one kind of earns it. I leave in three days and I am sorry that this discovery came so late. I hope to return next summer and this Best Burger Place will be visited every other week.
The owners were wonderfully friendly and pleased to see our pleasure in their food. Even the Chef was concerned that we enjoy what he had fixed for us. It is not Fast Food...they cook everything to order so bring conversation and patience because it is well worth it.
After the Hike and the Burger I was ready for some shut-eye but I had a show to do...next time I may time it better. I will also mention that the Bathroom was exceptionally clean which is always a good indication that the Owners care.
They also have a Homemade Fudge Ice Cream Pie which looks great but it just was not possible after having such a large Burger.
If you are anywhere near Victor, ID it is well worth the trip. The incredible views of Wyoming from the top of the Teton Pass makes the trip even that much more spectacular. GO!!!!

So enjoyed visiting with you! Thanks for the enthusiastic review!