“Burger Bonanza”

The Brakeman American Grill
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: The Brakeman American Grill is Victor's family friendly spot for the BEST Burgers, Sandwiches and delicious Salads. It's all about FRESH at The Brakeman. We grind our beef daily right on site and add our own special seasonings, fresh vegetables and a delicious sourdough bun to create the BEST Burger. Our fresh cut Idaho Fries are a terrific treat and accompany all Burgers and Sandwiches. The Brakeman serves freshly brewed Sun Tea, Fair Trade Organic coffee,sodas and a variety of local and regional beers and wines. The Brakeman is open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Lots of choices for big burgers with big toppings and big orders of fries. I am not really a burger aficionado, but the rest of my family is, and they gave this place a big thumbs up. I enjoyed reading some of the railroad history on the walls and menus.

spudsister, Owner at The Brakeman American Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

So happy to hear you enjoyed our railroad theme! Victor has an interesting past. Thank you for reviewing The Brakeman>

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My son claimed his grilled cheese sandwich was one of the best he's ever eaten. I got the Yellowstone burger which was nicely prepared. Fries tasty. Paired with a huckleberry milkshake from the general store next door and it was a nice diversion from a stay in nearby Teton Village.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We are new to the valley, and brought our visiting parents here. We were not disappointed. HUGE burgers, but more important, the quality was right up there with the size. The meat was good and spicy well, bacon was superb, as were all the other items I got on the 'crazy' burger.

Oh, and the fries... who'd think I'd eat all the fries and leave a little burger? They are excellent.. kinda like IN N Out fries from CA, but better!

Everyone was thrilled with their burgers.

Only question I didn't ask, is if there is a choice of how the burger is cooked? I generally prefer my burger more Medium rare+.... and this was more medium well... it still wasn't dried out or anything. I would assume it would be difficult to accomodate everyone here, so I'd understand if it is a standard thing to cook them all the same.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is great. The food and the service are excellent. I had the elk burger which was spectacular and the kids had burgers that were just the right size. Fries are great. One of the best in the area.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visited them in June based on Trip Advisor review. We waited an hour for 3 hamburgers. I noticed the pictures that people posted showed a huge pile of french fries with their burger but we got a very small amount. The waitress asked, "would you like fry sauce?" and we were like, "sure." We got a 1 oz container of ketchup mixed with mayo and they charged us an extra $1.00 for 2 of them on our bill (we weren't told there would be an extra charge). I got the Oregon Shortline burger which is described as having a "mountain of pastrami." My burger had a few pieces and it was salty and very tough! I would never go back. Do yourself a favor, if you're looking for a great burger, go to The Bird in Jackson, WY. It's well worth the trip.

1  Thank Traveling_Teenagers