“Great Location and Ambience”
Review of Headwaters Grille

Headwaters Grille
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Offering delectable Fresh Fare in a casual environment, the Headwaters Grille is open to the public and features exceptional seasonal menus. Whether you are seeking a quiet fireside dinner after a day on the slopes or are joining friends for cocktails on the patio following a round of golf, the Headwaters Grille is the perfect choice.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great location and ambience. Everything else was less than adequate. Poor menu selection, I swear there were maybe four entrees and one was a burger from a local ranch which I ordered. The beef was great and correctly prepared, the bun was not fresh at all. I ate the burger alone. The other three guests all went with the steak special. The steaks were tough like they had been frozen or something. Drinks were forgotten by our waitress twice no less. The second time the bartender delivered the libations which was a nice thought but they were someone elses drinks. We were short one place setting. No problem after asking for a fork and knife when served. Our "way busy" server forgot to bring it so I excused myself and gathered my own from a pile at the bar. The waitress was so nice it was difficult to be angry with her total lack of service. She apologized many times. They should have a sign up that says "we're sorry." It is a beautiful place that needs help with the food and service.

2  Thank Rex P
Sandy V, Owner at Headwaters Grille, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Rex P,
I apologize for your recent visit to The Headwater’s Grille. We strive to serve nothing but the best, freshest and highest quality products available in Teton Valley. Your experience is unacceptable to me and we will do everything we can to make your next visit up to your standards. The Bison steaks you ordered that evening, while of the highest quality available, are sometimes inconsistent due to wild game not being fed the same grains and hays domestic cattle are fed. Again, I apologize for your experience and appreciate your review to help us move forward here at the Headwater’s Grille.
Chef Jordan Holcomb

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I visit the Headwaters Grille regularly and get very sporadic service. Basically, it depends on who is waiting on us. I would have to say that Gary is the absolute worst... he has a cocky attitude and seems to think he's incredible and likes to tell you what a great bartender/waiter he is, but he completely flails if he gets busy and then he gets all moody if you ask for anything. He gets downright rude and makes excuses, which frankly, I don't really care about. It's not really my problem that he doesn't have the skills to handle it when he's busy- it's part of his job to be able to cope and do it so that the guest is not discomforted by his attitude. I have been completely flabbergasted by how rude he has been to members at the club if they dare to ask him for something that he should be providing when he's busy.

I have had very good service from other staff members though. The food is usually pretty consistant and I would rate it on the excellent side. Exceptions being when it has obviously sat for awhile before being delivered.

1  Thank mama b

Dear Mama B,
Thank you for your recent comments posted on Trip Advisor. We were very sorry to learn that your recent dining experience was not up to your standards, or ours. At the Headwaters Grille, we strive for excellence in both service and food quality. Please accept our apologies and know that the low level of service you received is not acceptable to us. We have discussed your review with our staff and will gladly use your constructive comments as a tool to continue our growth towards providing the best service in Teton Valley. We value your opinion and look forward to offering an improved dining experience when we see you again at the Headwaters Grille.

Heather Holcomb, Dining Room Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed there with our two little girls and the family. Can't say enough about the staff, the food (was awesome!), and the pool. Perfect location and the scenery was out of this world. Our kids keep asking to go back...soon we say. We were able to hike, explore, do some fishing and come back and swim in their incredible pool. The kids loved the poolside fountains and we have nothing but great things to say about everyone at Teton Springs who made us feel welcomed more than any other place we've stayed. Perfect place for stay and play golf or just to relax after a day in the mountains. Thanks Teton Springs, coming again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Headwaters Grille while staying in one of the luxury cabins. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed several meals at the Headwaters Grille while we were staying at the Teton Springs Lodge over Memorial day weekend. The food was really extremely tasty and the service people in the restaurant were exceptionally nice and always in attendance.