“Incredible Mountain horse-pack trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bagley's Teton Mountain Ranch
RRV
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Incredible Mountain horse-pack trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Went with Greg Bagley this past August on 5-day, 4 night horse-pack trip in Palisades Mountain range (South of Victor, ID and West of Teton range). Fantastic horses, rigorous elevation changes with many "confidence building" rides. Amazingly beautiful sights and very few other people, unlike many of the national parks. Beautiful mountain lakes, but unable to catch any trout - must have been us! Food plentiful. but simple. Must bring own wine, if desired.

2 Thank eatatzazu

San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding Trails Ride for All Ages and Groups Small and Large”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

What makes Bagley's outstanding is their consideration and consistency with groups small and large, and riders young and old. We have had two trail rides with them over the past two years. The first was two years ago as a small group. Just my sister, an experienced rider, and my son (then eight years old). I think the Bagley's included a few younger family members just for company. My son was thrilled after the two-hour ride (great views of the Teton Range) and announced that the next would be a two-day pack trip!

For the second trip (13 August 2009), we invited another family (staying in Jackson) to compose a group of twelve. The size of the group actually turned out to be a problem for all the other (approx 6) firms that we contacted. Unbelievably, some actually seemed to be quite put-upon to accommodate a large group! Bagley's again proved to be quite willing and able to execute. To boot, our group included over half first-time riders with the younger riders aged 5, 6, 7, and 8. We had three trail hands. Owner Kent, his son Greg, and a summer student, Benj. Each carefully and confidently lead the youngest three as we traversed another forest and ridge with great views of the Tetons. Everyone returned delighted with their experience. This was especially true for the youngest members, who would have been confined to a thirty minute walk around a pasture if they had been served by most other outfits.

2 Thank SJCGlenn
Springfield, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Friendly, Professional, Expert Horse People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

On our vacation to Driggs, Idaho and to the Yellowstone National Park, we have, for two years now, went on half day horse rides with Bagley's Teton Mountain Ranch. I'm a beginner, my wife is expert. The first year, we road for two hours with spectacular views. This year, we road for nearly 5 hours up to Fogg Hill -- VERY spectacular. Our guide, Greg, was so incredible. Very kind, knowledgeable, patient. Very affordable and he even served us lunch up on the mountain. I highly recommend this business.

3 Thank TNHornz
Daytona Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best horseback riding in Teton Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

Bagley's Teton Mountain Ranch is the best horse outfitter I've ever ridden with. The business is family owned. Last year we took a 2 hour ride with Kent, the dad...this year we went for 5 hours with Greg, the son. Pauline - the mom - helps shuttle people and horses to some of the best trail heads I've seen in this area. Alexis - Greg's wife - manages the business end of the ride. The family moved to Victor Idaho in 1890. They raise cows, elk, buffalo and run a fabulous recreational horse business. You can go for short rides or pack in for up to a week at a time. I went with 4 other women on this last trip and Greg was wonderful. He selected just the right horses, gave us plenty of great information about Fog Mountain, and even fed us lunch at 9000 feet. What a day! I highly recommend this group to anyone wanting to get close to nature on the back of a well cared for, well-mannered horse.

8 Thank choicepursuits