“Don't stay here!”

Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed October 7, 2010

A recent TV expose about hotels prompted me to do as the whistle blower said, "inspect the sheets for blood spots, and pull back the sheets to look at the mattress cover and mattress itself. You may be horrified." I did just that at this hotel, and found that the white mattress cover, which had been conveniently turned inside out to conceal stains, had a large, dark blood smear the size of a 50-cent piece toward the bottom of the bed. I couldn't tell if it had not been laundered at all, or if it was poorly laundered. Either way, there's no excuse for such a find, especially when bleach can work wonders.

Check out your beds, folks, before you spend the night.

Other comments on the hotel: it was dark, carpets stained and worn, and our room depressing. A serious facility remodel is long overdue.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toodles517

Reviewed September 14, 2010

The hotel itself isn't terrible but I can't see paying over $80 after taxes and fees to stay here. I managed to get the room for $60 plus tax on another website but was not impressed when I arrived. When I pulled back the bed spread there was a nice little bug sitting on the sheets and I had to question whether or not the sheets were fresh. The hotel comes with a restaurant...but it's closed. All they have is a bar area that is open and serves food. The food was about as expected from a hotel bar. All in all I would not stay here again. The hotel is old and definitely needs to be renovated as far as the rooms go. In addition to the old rooms you can really here the people in the room next to you. I was jolted out of sleep by the sound of the next door patio slamming shut. Also can hear the shower running and toilet flushing in the room next to you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jasons987
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Our room was missing a remote control and they promptly brought it up to our room. The front desk staff are great. Really nice pool. Located close to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

First time staying at a Red Lion. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were nicely decorated and roomy.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

This was my first trip traveling with my dog and my first stay at a Red Lion. This property was in a great location......close to restaurants, stores, and the rim of the Snake River Gorge. My surprise was pleasant when I entered my "pet designated room" it was nicely decorated and didn't smell like dogs. The front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. She directed my to a nice area to walk my dog and gave me directions to stores.
A real plus.....the Bath and Body Works amenities & the fresh cookies available at the front desk!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Very clean. Knowledgeable and friendly staff. Really good breakfast sausage. The most comfortable beds anywhere and plenty of pillows. The room we reserved is always waiting for us, even when we arrive really late.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Stayed there because it was pet friendly. Very nice, big room, big bathroom and vanity, very comfy beds with nice linens.