“Will not return” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Will not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff was courteous and efficient. The room (#123) was dark and gloomy. We were told at registration ( Aug 30,2012) that the room included breakfast. When we arrived at the breakfast room, someone was waiting with a check list and told us we were not on the list but we could purchase breakfast for $4.95 at the front desk. The breakfast was aweful-the eggs saved only by Tobasco! This facility did not meet the usual Red Lion standard.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bradford L, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hello Keith60922! Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad that the staff was kind but it appears we could have been better. I am grateful for your review as it allows me to address this issue with our staff. I am very sorry for your experience and would hope that you will consider us again. If you would like to give us another try, feel free to contact me at 208-734-5000 for your reservation. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Overall a nice hotel. Our room was clean, and the bathroom was nice and remodeled. I wish that we had gotten a room that opened up to the lovely pool or perhaps the sliding glass doors that opened up to the outside but... Also the room had space for a microwave and fridge but there was none curiously. I would recomend.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bradford L, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Hello Pillarw! Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room. Next time you make a reservation, feel free to request a pool side room. My staff will do their best to accomodate you. We are working on equiping every room with a microwave and refrigerator. For now, we can bring one to the room upon request. Our goal is to help every guest have a wonderful stay. We look forward to serving you again! Have a wonderful summer!
Inkom, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Hotel shows some wear and could use new carpets but the room was clean the bed was comfortable. The staff was nice and did a good job.The buffet breakfast could have had a lttle more chose and was understaffed but all in all a good buy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bradford L, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Greetings Tami A! Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that your room was clean and the bed comfortable. I have recently hired some new breakfast help to solve the understaffing issue. Thank you for your suggestions. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future. Have a wonderful summer!
Hod Hasharon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

From the entrance it did not look good
Old looking and not clean. Well I got a bargain price thorough hotwire.
I went to the room . Spacious but the towelette smelled of urine !!! Convinced me these is not a proper way to spend the night ! Made another reservation at Hampton inn and paid the full price but slept well ....

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bradford L, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hello HOD HASHARON, Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am very sorry about the problems you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I believe that the issue you experienced ia an anomoly and that we can provide you with a great room that is clean and comfortable. Please feel free to contact me directly at 208-734-5000 to discuss your issue. I would like to be able to make up for any inconveniences we may have caused. I hope that this experience will not defer you from giving us another chance. Have a wonderful summer!

Travelers are raving about these Twin Falls hotels

Santa Rosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were driving from the SF bay area to Alberta, Canada for a wedding. We ended up getting a decent price and we were exhausted. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the room was very comfortable. The one odd thing was the size of the room. It was HUGE, and the normally fine-sized flat screen tv was dwarfed and a bit difficult to see from the bed. Minor issue.
The included breakfast was very nice: buffet style, but scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon sausage, orange juice...MUCH better than the standard waffle iron, toast and cold cereal options.
Really happy that wifi was included. Worked well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bradford L, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Hello interpreterjen! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I was happy to see that the staff was friendly and that your room was comfortable. I am sure that was welcome in the middle of your long trip. I hope the wedding went well and that you had fun. I wish you a safe trip and have a wonderful summer! Come see us again.
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is an average hotel in a chain of such hotels, so I would expect it to offer standard rooms at reasonable prices. Unfortunately that was not our experience here. We arrived in town early on a Saturday afternoon to find that most of the hotels in town were filled. This hotel still had openings, but the desk clerk said that, since she had only a few rooms left, the price for a 2-queen-bed room was now $116, and no AAA or other discounts would be honored -- this at a AAA-approved hotel, and for an ordinary room, rather smaller than usual.
Such barefaced price-gouging astounds me. This is the "hospitality" industry? How hospitable is it to take advantage of tired travelers by overcharging them when they have nowhere else to go? I don't know if this is a common industry practice, but it is shameful and unethical, and I would like to see the hospitality industry set higher standards before some outside agency steps in and does it for them.
In the meantime we intend to boycott Red Lion hotels, and this one in particular.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bradford L, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
greetings barbhb7! Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am sorry that your experience was not positive. Whenever possible I would recommend making advanced reservations for any hotel stay. Unfortunatley, it is not uncommon for hotels to raise rates during known sell-outs or for big events. A good example would be London during the olympics. I would imagine their rates are triple last years rates. I hope you have a wonderful summer and if ever possible, that we can serve you again.
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

On a two week motorcycle trip and 10 different hotels, I was impressed with this one. Room was quiet, people were friendly, breakfast was very good, and internet was included. Room was a little small but adequate. One of the things that irritate me when staying at a hotel is having to pay for internet. This was included in a good price stay and was fast. Outdoor pool looked great but was too tired to use it. Fitness room also looked well maintained. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Staff allowed us to park our motorcycles under the canopy at the entrance. This set the tone for the...