“Wonderful Place to stay!”

Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed May 22, 2011

After staying in some real dumps on our trip, this was a very refreshing place to relax. We were in the older part of the hotel. The room was spotless! Nice room with everything you need. The hot breakfast was wonderful, and included in our stay due to our discount rate. Even if it was not, I would gladly pay for it! The room was very, very quiet, and the beds were wonderfully comfy and clean! I would highly recomend this hotel to everyone! Service was very professional and great!

Room Tip: first floor, back
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grayseawolf
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I traveled to Twin Falls for business. I had my dog with me and wanted to go to the Shoshone Falls but it was raining. Decided to stay overnight and the Red Lion graciously offered a pet friendly room. Room was very nice---nice carpet, beautifully decorated, pleasant color scheme. i've experienced pet rooms that smelled and carpet was in bad condition, I was pleasantly surprised at our room

Very quiet, middle of week not a lot of travelers.
Join the R&R club if you travel.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelers1973
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I made this booking on a website where the hotel name was hidden, and was initially very worried when this name came up on my confirmation email. I had read the reviews and was expecting a very shoddy hotel. However, when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful front desk staff, well-maintained lobby, and clean and bright room. We checked the bed first thing, remembering what other reviewers had mentioned, and we were lucky because our bed was spotless. The breakfast is above average for a hotel of this class, although it does cost an extra $5 per hotel guest. They offered eggs, pastries, bacon, sausage, hot drinks, pancakes, and juice. It ends at 9 on the weekdays, so get there early before all the food runs out.

The other reviews were absolutely correct about the thin walls. We heard every word going on in the room next to us, which is the only really big negative thing I can say about this hotel. However, this is a pretty big negative, which is why I give the room only 3/5 stars.

Keep in mind that I stayed in this hotel for almost half-price, since I got a deal on a discount website. Honestly, if I had to pay the full price (I think it's around $80), I probably wouldn't be quite so impressed. But overall, we had a pleasant stay and were generally pleased with the hotel and service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2011

As a single woman I was placed at the very back of the hotel as soon as I opened the door I knew I was going to be sorry the smell was over whelming and my room was downright nasty I could hear very loud mens voices from the room next to me It was down right scary there I asked for another room and was told well all the room are the same!! well at least they moved me to where I felt safer I didnt even stay I got up very early and just went home rather than stay there

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank freeasabird
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Stayed here for a business trip. The hotel minivan shuttle was waiting at the Twin Falls (TWF) airport to collect me and the flight crew -- even though we were later than expected. Ride out to the airport with the hotel minivan when I was heading out was good and they easily accommodated my flight schedule.

My room was large and the bed was quite comfortable. Bathroom was good size and the shower had a variety of settings and had great water pressure. The shower head was tall enough that no crouching to wash hair was needed.

Too cold for the pool on my trip, but it looked quite nice and was a good size.

The breakfast buffet was reasonable. Cost when I was there was $4.95. It consisted of Coffee, juices, milk, dry cereal, some fruits, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, sausage links and bacon. There is also a pancake machine that makes them in a machine and then down a little conveyor belt onto your plate. First time I had seen this in a hotel -- usually see the waffle makers.

Internet connection on hotel computer was free for first 15-minutes and then $5.95 for every 15-minutes after that. Even with a laptop, needed a printer for boarding passes so used their system -- for 7.5 minutes.

My room -- on the 2nd floor -- had no stale odors, but the hallway on the end I was on had a funky odor of old cigarettes. Upstairs did not smell that way and my room was fine too.

This place is really close to the Snake River Canyon and Shoshone Falls which is beautiful. There is base jumping allowed from the bridge, although I did not see anyone doing that while I was there. With a car, you could easily head to Nevada for some gambling at Jackpot.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RileyRants
Reviewed November 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Red Lion for two nights over Thanksgiving weekend while visiting family in Twin Falls. We chose this hotel because it was one of the few places in town that allowed pets. The hotel was very old and shabby looking, and the room was small and dark and in need of updating. The bathroom was filthy, with a large amount of hair on the floor (not ours). We probably should have asked for a new room, but it was late when we checked in and we were tired. Other negatives were a terrible shower head that sprayed all over the bathroom, old sheets with holes in them (cigarette burns?), a heater that either blasted hot or cold air but nothing in the comfortable zone, and a generally funky, stale smell. It was also very noisy with kids running around and yelling past midnight and people constantly slamming doors. We only spent around $50 per night, so we didn't expect anything fancy, but we also didn't expect it to disappoint in every way.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed October 7, 2010

A recent TV expose about hotels prompted me to do as the whistle blower said, "inspect the sheets for blood spots, and pull back the sheets to look at the mattress cover and mattress itself. You may be horrified." I did just that at this hotel, and found that the white mattress cover, which had been conveniently turned inside out to conceal stains, had a large, dark blood smear the size of a 50-cent piece toward the bottom of the bed. I couldn't tell if it had not been laundered at all, or if it was poorly laundered. Either way, there's no excuse for such a find, especially when bleach can work wonders.

Check out your beds, folks, before you spend the night.

Other comments on the hotel: it was dark, carpets stained and worn, and our room depressing. A serious facility remodel is long overdue.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple