“Best Hotel”
Review of Apollo Motor Inn

Apollo Motor Inn
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I travel the U.S for work, and have stayed at alot of Hotels. I would have to say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in yet. You receive Hot dinner and breakfast for your stay. The customer service is great. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are staying in Twin Falls.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room was a great non-smoking king. It had a small refrigerator, microwave, complimentary coffee & tea. The staff was very friendly and helpful in finding attractions. Both dinner & breakfast were very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Called and made a reservation at this hotel approx. 10 days prior to our visit. Spoke to John, he guaranteed it for late arrival with our credit card, the following week. We had a nice chat at the time of the reservation call, he explained about their dinner, said it was served until 8, but if we were going to be later to call & he would set some aside for us. Reserved a King Non-smoking room. Arrived on the night of our reservation, earlier than we had expected after driving 752 miles that day, at approximately 7:30 pm. Walked into lobby, John was at the desk, the same John I had reserved the room with less than 2 weeks earlier. When I told him who I was, he checked on his computer, doublechecked, shuffled some papers around and proceeded to tell me he was very sorry but it seems the room we had reserved had been given to someone else! At first, I thought he was kidding, though not a very funny joke to someone who has been on the road for the previous 12 hours, but no, he was serious. Honestly, I just didn't know what to say or do. In 32 years of travelling all over the US and the world, both alone and with others, I have NEVER at ANY HOTEL, had this happen. He not only could not give us our room, but had absolutely no explanation as to how this could have possibly happened, other than, "our computer system isn't very good" mmmm okay, so now what???? He offered us in exchange for the King NS we had reserved, a "complimentary" queen NS, well as I explained and should have been obvious as my 6'2" 250lb husband had been in & out of the lobby while this transpired, there was no possible way that we could sleep comfortably (which we desperately needed to do before the next days 500+ mile drive) in a queen size bed! So then he offers a 2 queen bed NS room instead...not my idea of an enjoyable vacation with my husband in separate beds but fine, one night won't kill me, or so I thought!
So, back to the car, drive around the back to the room they've assigned, 2 queen, NS, well, we couldn't even get to the door...there was a man from the adjoining room (which was also marked NS btw) standing with his door open, right in front of his door & ours smoking. The AC units were all along the front of the units, so of course all the air being pumped into either of those two rooms was polluted with nicotine. Due to my allergy to nicotine, it was completely impossible to get into or use that room.
So, back to the lobby...where they really had nothing else to offer. Didn't offer to contact another hotel and get us a room, nothing. I asked if we could use their wifi to try to find something, they then offered the use of a computer they have next to the front desk. Used that, found another hotel. They did offer us the owner's phone number and said he would like us to call him, so the next morning I did.
The owner apologized again, though again, offered no explanation whatsoever of how or why they could have given away the room with a credit card guaranteed reservation. He did however offer to send me a check for the difference that we had to pay to get a room at that late notice at the other hotel we stayed at.
True to his word, the check was waiting for me when I returned from our 6 day road trip & to the best of my knowledge, it didn't bounce.
Bottomline, this should never happen to anyone. I certainly hope they've fixed whatever the problem was so that it doesn't happen again to anyone else. But in the meantime, BEWARE!!
The reservation that you make, may or may not be waiting for you when you arrive!
Oh and if you like me are allergic to nicotine, you may want to choose another place, since this one clearly doesn't worry too much about enforcing the no-smoking in/near the no-smoking rooms.
That being said, the sole reason that I gave this place a 2 instead of 1, was because of the owner at least making some small effort to attempt to make the horrid situation better, with the check he sent.

Room Tip: Best tip: only stay here if you are a smoker or don't mind smokers all around you and standing i...
1  Thank iamqueenme
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a wordy little story and you'll understand why I think so Highly of this hotel. First off we inquired about room rates for weekly stays, we were working on a large construction project in twin falls and planned to stay a while. The owner said " come on down and have a cold drink and lets talk". A few hours later and we'd chatted with the owner, his wife, the manager, and his wife for a good 2 hours and I couldn't tell you how nice it is to meet such a friendly group in this day and age. Due to a misunderstanding with our company on our per diem we ran into a money issue immediately, but the owner decided to take the small amount we had and took our word on the rest come pay day. Now I don't need to tell you about how kind this is, or how rare it is to find anyone now-a-days that would even dump a cup of water on you if you were on fire, but this man found it in his heart to give us a shot, we made good with him and he gave us a cozy place to rest our heads and two hot meals a day.

If I was to ever find myself in twin falls again, I'd know where to turn immediately. Thank you folks for being as kind as you have, there really is no way to repay you.

Room Tip: Pick a room, its quiet and you feel right at home
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is an interesting place. We were traveling with another couple on motorcycles and the staff were helpful and friendly. We had a nice size room with a king bed and while the motel is the older style Mom and Pop, we enjoyed it. It's clean with a comfortable bed and nice clean linens. They serve dinner every night, albeit simple, but tasty. The night we were there they had Hamburgers, Salad and Mac and Cheese, included in the price off the room. They also had a continental breakfast also included. You'd think the price would be higher since they serve breakfast and dinner but it was less than $80.00. They have a nice outdoor pool. It's a bit away from the "main drag" but we'd have no problem staying again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Nice place. Clean and comfortable. We were surprised at the dinner, which although simple was very good. We didn't arrive until 8:00 pm, which is when the dinner service usually ends, but they said they would hold it open for us, which they did. The hostess also helped us find a place to get our car serviced on a Sunday morning (Wal-Mart, who did an excellent job, by the way), and even called for us to see if their auto service was open for us..

Although very clean overall, there were a couple of oddities. They have a nice round table and chairs just outside the breakfast area, but it and the two chairs were quite dusty, and uninviting as a result. The other oddity was more serious in my book, in that one of the coffee pots actually had dust on the outside of it. They had three pots of coffee going, and I am assuming this one had been in storage. Cleanliness regarding food is critical, though. Everything else was very clean and nice, though, so that's why I am calling them oddities. I think the couple that was running it were substituting for the normal manager, who was on vacation or otherwise not available. I think they were doing their best to stay caught up, but might have missed a couple of things.

We would definitely stay here again, though, which is the bottom line. Very good price, too.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Apollo was pretty good! The place was really clean which I was surprised about! The Apollo had nice and helpful staff. Some of the negatives about this place are that their was no places to eat in walking distence. you had to take out your car and had to drive 5 miles or so. There was a nice Outback just a couple miles from there if you are staying and are trying to find a place to eat. Also the place was a little run down. It needed updating for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family