“Great place to relax”
Review of Shoshone Falls

Shoshone Falls
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Twin Falls
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family and I stopped here on our way from Vancouver, WA to Denver, CO. The Falls are absolutely beautiful and Dierkes Lake is a great place to swim. There are some short cliffs to jump off, a short diving board as well as a place for younger kids to splash around. It is a perfect place to cool off on a hot day. In addition to the falls (scenery) and lake (swimming), they have a sand volleyball court, covered picnic tables and a snack bar. I highly recommend this place to anyone passing through. It only costs $3 to enter!!

1  Thank Marc K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I thought it was majestic, but then my friend sent me a picture a week later when they unlocked the dam. Large falls area and, when at full blast, I'm sure incredible.

1  Thank 504garyp
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Took my family here for a nice family day out. Beautiful falls lots of look out points. Water was low to to irrigation and the falls were still amazing.

1  Thank Brandi O
Reviewed July 27, 2014

It's truly the Niagara Falls of the West. Our family took the route through Twin Falls and stayed overnight just to see Shoshone Falls. Too bad that they rarely release the water over the entire falls anymore and although I've stopped maybe 5 times over the past 15 years, have never seen the entire falls running. Still, it's spectacular and worth the $5 a car they charge to see it. I remember being there 30 years ago and seeing the entire falls running many times. Perhaps it's a winter thing still when this farming community is not irrigating.

1  Thank NaunieG
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Close to the freeway and definitely worth the five minute drive. We were here in July when there is less water and they are still spectacular. Can pay $3 to go down closer and go to Dierkes Lake. But of you don't pay the $3 you can still pull over and see the falls.

1  Thank Mike1357