“Brick oven!? Yeah, right...”

Gerties Brick Oven Cookery
Ranked #103 of 161 Restaurants in Twin Falls
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I tried Gerties after some locals referred to it as, "the best pizza in town!" I'm going to assume that none of them have ever had good pizza.
First, if it was brick oven pizza it's in name only. The pizza I was served, although creatively topped, was scarcely better than a frozen pizza from my grocer's freezer. I'll give them credit for their creative use of various toppings and names but that's it. It's actually quite sad really; their model of sending out "fresh" pizzas of different toppings is great, but they missed the target with their execution. Won't be returning.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family recommended this place and so we all went to dinner... the crust was like chewing card board and there was little to no toppings. We have Primo's all around us and it is not great but ten times the pizza here. It is locally owned but they may want to try to fix their recipes before serving it to the public. Will not be back again.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Good Idea. Poor Execution.

I am a total pizza connoisseur. Having said that. I can tolerate alot of subpar pizza... but this was just terrible. If you have a brick oven and you are making bland pizza something is wrong Gerties. I havent ever had such a bland dough. It doesnt make sense... dough is the least expensive part of the pizza.... just do it up right. I used to own a pizza shop myself.

I had heard alot of people rave about the uniqueness of Gerties, and its true; you can get all kinds of very interesting pizzas at Gerties. They have a huge variety and bring the pizza around and you get to pick and or request what you want :)

So I give this place kudos for the awesome business model they have. I would just like to go in and eat some decent pizza.... and thats why i wont be back. Raise the price and give me quality if thats what it takes.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We ate here not really knowing what it was all about. We were passing through during our run across the country and we actually ate at their other location in Rupert, ID. The manager and staff was extremely friendly and would just chat with you about everything. Its a pizza buffet where they deliver to your table. SOOOOO many different kinds of pizza were offered even a variety of "Dessert" pizza. They also offer a salad bar, garlic bread, and lasagna with your endless meal. I personally LOVED the cheese with ranch sauce. I wish there were more places like this. It definitely hit the spot!!

1  Thank tommydanger
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I do not care for buffet type of pizza palors you never seem to get what you want and over prced for my liking