“Wonderful experience--Electric car friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Lakes Inn

Blue Lakes Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Spokane, Washington
“Wonderful experience--Electric car friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife contacted Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce to locate a motel with electric car charging capabilities. Jim at Blue Lakes got back to her to determine our needs. A few days later, he let her know that he would have an electrician install the electrical outlet for our car.
Upon arrival we were greeted by fresh cookies, friendly employees, and a comfortable well appointed room. Couldn't have been better. We were able to stay to and from our trip to southeastern Idaho. They helped make our trip possible and enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Danae B, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We loved having you guys here and are so glad we were able to accommodate with your car! Also thank you for posting those pictures so everyone else who has electric cars can see our set up! We hope to see you back soon! Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just arrived about two hours ago and I can say already that this motel is awesome. It has had a major renovation, I've heard and the owner has done a wonderful job. All the fixtures are high end; the beds are comfy; there is ample room for two queens, a desk, fridge, tv and side chair in our room. And very clean!!! I haven't had breakfast yet but I wanted to get on here right away to rate Blue Lakes. The little area for the breakfast looks delightful. The front desk employees were polite, helpful, smiling~ I only have one thing that I would have liked but I understand the choice of not having a microwave in the room. We pre-make our suppers on road trips and warm them up. Not a problem, the front desk let me use the cafe micro to warm up our food. I highly recommend this place for families, couples and singles. They cater to everyone. Great location.

Room Tip: Second floor is always a good choice. There are no ice machines~ they offer ice in the office~ so t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! As for the microwaves in the rooms we just put in a couple kitchenettes so the next time you stay you can choose a room with a microwave! We hope to see you back soon! Have a great week!
Hailey, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Really like to see local ownership take older hotels and turn them into something that really works and that is exactly what they have done at "Blue Lakes Inn." Property is completely update, beds are great and the locations could not be better. They have a really interesting choice of rooms, one for every need from single business traveler to a family needing bunk beds, very creative. The staff could not be more pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We are big fans of guests like you!! Thank you for giving us such a wonderful review! We are very excited about everything we have to offer and are so glad you feel the same!! Hope to have you visit us again soon! Have a fantastic week!
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has gone through a major renovation and, while it is not in the main part of Twin Falls with the other hotels, it is a GREAT place to stay just a few blocks farther down the road! They offer all of the amenities that you would find in luxury hotels at half the price. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room had plenty of space, and the free breakfast was very good. The staff were very friendly, and they even provided hot, delicious cookies in the evening.

Room Tip: There are only about 20 rooms, all facing the south with parking right outside your room. Any of the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad you enjoyed everything with your stay! We will be sure have more cookies then next time you stay!! Have a great week!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Blue Lakes Inn, in the past few months. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are clean and well layed out. The front desk staff are very nice! I would definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We were so glad to have you back staying with us! Thank you for giving us such a wonderful review again! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay this time as much as the last! We can't wait to have you back for a third time, hopefully soon! Have a great week! :)
ARCO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stopped here as I was looking for a reasonably priced motel, and I had stayed here under previous owners....The new owners have remodeled the rooms. Mine was very comfortable, but lacked a chair to sit at the table and run my computer...but other rooms apparently had a chair.

I was not expecting much of a "breakfast" but it was quite nice with eggs and bacon.

I will stay here again when I am in Twin Falls.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I apologize that you didn't have a chair with your desk like the other rooms! We had recently changed that room around and didn't have a chair for it but we have one now so you will definitely have one when you return! I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast! We look forward to having you stay with us again! Have a great week!
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

My girlfriend & I are from Boise, and we have a gaggle of children between the two of us. We missed Valentines Day due to a work deadline. We wanted to get a night away for a post Valentines Day Celebration. The staff was VERY friendly & even went above and beyond to make our night special! Our room was AMAZING! They covered the bed in flower petals & chocolates for us. My girlfriend was in tears, she was so happy! :-D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

The bed was great, room was clean, our stay was FANTASTIC!
We will be making several stays here in the years to come!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Yay! I am so glad everything was so wonderful with your stay! Thank you for giving us such a fantastic review and posting a picture of the decorations! We enjoyed having you here and cant wait to have you come back! We have bunk bed rooms in case you ever want to bring the kids! Have a great week!