“True Gem! A wonderful accident.”
Review of Blue Lakes Inn

Blue Lakes Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Long story short, I was travelling for work and I got lost in Twin Falls. I have a lot of equipment that I can't leave in my car over night so I prefer easy access to my car when travelling for work. I saw what I thought was a motel with outdoor access to rooms and it was the Blue Lakes Inn. It was not a motel but a boutique luxury inn. I LOVE this property. I really love this property. The customer service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank szatanek
Sarah D, Assistant Manager at Blue Lakes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review of our little hotel. We work hard to ensure a wonderful stay, and I'm so happy that we didn't disappoint. Please return should your travels bring you back to Twin Falls, Idaho.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I travel alot and often lean toward major chains. I heard the renovations to this hotel were awesome so I gave it a try. My room was awesome! For the price, the room I booked had amenities you just can't get anywhere else for the price such as a suana and steamshower. I will visit again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aaron N

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were referred to this property by the nearby Best Western hotel because they were full and boy we were happy with their recommendation! This property is apparently a newer hotel and or newly refurbished/established hotel in the Twin Falls area. Their customer service was excellent, prices were reasonable ($78 with a $20 dollar pet fee), and in a convenient location from the main highway situated in a business district of the town. They are pet friendly and offer a wonderful continental breakfast selection of coffee, juices, eggs, bacon, etc. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a modern style motif. All in all, we had a pleasant stay and will plan on joining them again if we pass through that area. Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Matthew C

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff present themselves very professionally and go out of their way to ensure that the guest has all needed during their stay at the facility. The variety of rooms are well decorated, the beds and linen are very comfortable and of superior quality and cleanness and; their sauna and recreation room is clean, cool and always available. They do have fresh 24 hour coffee of great taste and, a breakfast that is healthy and fresh.
For anyone who needs to stay for more then one night in the Twin Falls/Magic Valley area, I greatly recommend this establishement.
Furthermore, the establishment is very secure and does have video cameras in various locations for safety of the guest.

Room Tip: The east end of the building is quieter, yet, of comforting security.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Sorry this is long, but there is too much good to say about this place.

"Wow" is what I said when we opened the door to our room. Modern, updated, unique decor with beautiful photographs, large TV, many channels, free WIfi, desk and chair, armchair very spacious, SOFT, plush towels and SUPER comfy mattress, There is some kind of a mattress topper that made me feel like I was on a cloud. After 2 weeks of so-so bed comfort on our trip, it was a fantastic night's sleep for me.

Other perks.....a VERY helpful and friendly front office gal, delicious choc. chip cookies in front office upon check in, long breakfast hours (6-10) and excellent breakfast of assorted cereals, homemade quiche, bacon, yogurt, fresh melons, cinnamon buns, bagels, toast, juice, and of course coffee, tea and milk.

Even more....complimentary bottled water in fridge, microwave in office if you need to use one,
This is a place where you can pull up your car to the door of the room, adding to the convenience for us as we are tired after long rides.

We could have had a suite upstairs with a couch added for only ten dollars more, but my foot injury made it impossible.

We are so fortunate to have pulled into the parking lot of this place because we expected to drive further and had to stay in Twin Falls unexpectedly so we had not checked Trip Advisor. We depend heavily on T.A. Not having computer access, we didn't compare prices, but our room was under $90 and worth any extra over other ordinary motels. Life is too short to be miserable and we have had our times with bad experiences so that is why we use T.A. so much.

We travel a lot and this is the kind of place we wish we could take along with us. We could throw away the egg crate bed topping we carry in the trunk for times when the beds feel like wooden boards. I wish we could stay longer, but unfortunately we have another long day's ride ahead.

I am happy to add another good review for Blue Lakes Inn. My advice to all is to pay a little extra if you have to and treat yourself to this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask staff to help you decide. Photos in office...rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANNMARIESFREMONT

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was an excellent room and wonderful staff.
Personal minor issues... When away from home I love to wake up and have my first cup in the room, but no coffee pots in rooms. Shower had nowhere other than edge of tub for my 'stuff'.
We had our dog and there were no issues with her.
I have never done this before, but we asked to look at room first and they showed us several rooms to help us choose what we wanted.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We do hope that you return to stay with us again. We've done quite a bit of additions since we last seen you, including a pool and hot tub.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We travel though Twin Falls 2-3 times a year on our way to Bozeman, MT. We usually stay at those other hotels listed as #1 and #2, and they are fine. But this time, we wanted to try another place as those other hotels can be a bit noisy and crowded. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we decided to try this place.
So picture us driving into town Sept 17th, a cool, wet Tuesday evening at about 10:30pm. We were so road tired. When we found this place, I wasn't too sure about it. I mean, its an older style building and well, wasn't sure if we'd picked a good place. But when we entered the hotel's office, we were greeted by the nicest receptionist; so welcoming and friendly that my hesitation subsided. I only wish I remembered his name. He filled us in on the place and the breakfast, etc.
Then to the room... standard, but very clean, very remodeled and very nice. AND THE BEDS were the best part. My husband was very, very happy at the quality of the beds.
And the breakfast? One of the best I've had in a hotel. VERY small room (maybe could seat eight) but there was two kinds of quiche and excellent bacon, fresh watermelon, and the coffee great.
We couldn't believe the price of this hotel; Great "bang for the buck". We will indeed be frequent guests; hope they don't become too over booked due to such good reviews.....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple