“Glad we stayed here!”

Best Western Plus Twin Falls Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We weren't planning on staying in a hotel that night, but we were too tired to drive further. We didn't expect anything great, we just needed to sleep. But, we were pleasantly suprised to find that it was a really nice room! We got a room on the ground level close to the entrance, which made it easier to bring our two small children and our belongings inside.

The room was decorated nicely and was clean. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in and there was a full breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Reviewed October 5, 2007

Nice modern hotel,pleasant pool,free internet and breakfast,quite comfortable beds.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed December 7, 2006

Note: This hotel is now Best America Suites. We have stayed twice now, and both times this was the best rate in the mid-range ($10/night less than the Holiday Inn & Comfort Inn, also good choices). Clean, comfortable rooms (important with our newly crawling baby) and good breakfast selection. Free cookies, hot cider, and free USA Today in the lobby, which was a nice touch. I had only three (very minor) disappointments: 1)The in-room fridge had no freezer, 2) the wireless internet "hiccupped" quite a bit, and 3) the previous occupants had left the window very slightly cracked open, and neither the maid nor we had noticed or checked it, so the room got slightly chilly overnight (we discovered it the next morning). But, the front desk was very accomodating in letting us check out an hour late while I completed a work project. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank g8rsr8rs
Reviewed June 3, 2006

We just returned from a weekend stay in Twin Falls with our trip having been enhanced by our stay at the "Ameritel Inn". I booked this hotel based upon TripAdvisor reviews, and was not disappointed. From the very pleasant, trying to please front desk staff, to the sparkling clean lobby, pool, breakfast areas, to our generously sized immaculate room, we were pleased with our choice. Our king-sized room had every amenity you would expect from a much larger, more expensive hotel chain. The bed was very comfortable, as was the large sized recliner. The bathroom was spotless, and also was of a generous size. There was a large cupboard furniture piece which not only included a fridge and mircrowave, but ample space for storage. The TV was large with a great picture and a good selection of channels. The WIFI service was instant and we had no problems with it whatsoever. The breakfast bar had anything you might desire, including scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs and cottage cheese if you are on a protein type diet. The waffles (huge!) and other sweet rolls and muffins were varied and plentiful. Thankfully, the room doors did not SLAM when guests came and went (Ithis is a "thing" I have!), and the halls were pretty quiet. We could barely hear any outside noise from our room, except some quiet plumbiing sounds, and our neighbor's AC a bit. But, I would rate it as being very quite. Our friends who stayed in the room nextdoor, were as pleased with their room, and the hotel as we were. Do not hesitate to stay at this value priced, convenient, clean hotel!

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Splanky
Reviewed August 7, 2005

This was the last night of our vacation (7/20, 2005) and we just expected another run of the mill hotel. Were we in for a pleasant surprise, this is a very nice hotel. Friendly staff, great rooms, wonderful continental breakfast. Wonderful beds, clean spacious rooms and very reasonably priced. Definately would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank wlncl
Reviewed May 31, 2005

My family and I booked a night at the Ameritell Inn on Sat., the 28th of May. I'm sure this is a busy weekend for any hotel in the country with people traveling, and I couldn't have been much happier with our expearience.
I'll begin with the room details. First of all, there was no chipped paint, the carpet was beautiful and stain free, the sheets were comfortable, and not overly bleached (as some hotels do). The room was well lit, and did not have the seventies dated look many hotels, such as the Howard Johnsons, do. There is the window AC unit at floor level. However the control for it is not simply low or high. Though there is that on the unit itself, they also attached a wall unit which allows the occupant to adjust the AC or heat to come on at whatever temperature they desire. This way it's not running until you shut it off with ice hanging from your chin. It works just as well as a home unit would.
The bathroom was wonderful. The door shut easily, and there was plenty of leg room when "doing your business". The shower curtain was a real shower curtain with seperate liner to keep the water in, and a full bathtub, rather than only a stand in stall. There was ample room for shampoo, conditioner, and other ammenties as I have to bring my own due to sensitive skin, and still had room with big bottles. There's a nice heat lamp for when you exit the shower so you won't be too cold. There is also a working fan to keep the steam down if you so desire. They provide plenty of towels and wash towels. There is the typical wall mounted blow dryer, and ironing board complete with iron.
The T.V. is set up on a pull out and rotate easel so that you don't have to crane to see it if you watch. It's also set up in a real entertainment center/dresser, rather than those shelves most hotels place them on. Every room comes standard with a microwave and small refrigorator which really comes in handy when you're on a budget or normally have leftovers at a restaraunt.
Then there's the pool and hot tub. The hotel is good about constantly keeping a full rack of towels for the patrons who get wet, so you don't have to use the room ones, hoping they dry out before you need to take a shower. The pool is the biggest I've seen in any hotel at a final depth of eight feet. It also isn't overly bleached, as there was no marked smell that usually accompanies public pools. The hot tub on the other hand, did have a bit too much bleach for my taste, but I'm sensitive as I mentioned before. It is larger, just as the pool, comfortably seating up to ten average adults, and the jets are set by a timer left in the control of the patrons. The maximum time you could set it for when I stayed was forty minutes, a nice long time to relax.
As to the staff, they were extremely pleasent, smiling all the time, and very patient with my questioning as I was nervous due to my last horrible expearience at a hotel (Ramada-owned by Howard Johnson). When I placed their version of the "do not disturb" in the door, they actually left us alone! I was very pleased with that. There is also high speed wireless internet, and it actually works, and works well. We both were on it together, and never once slowed down or had a problem with the connection.
Then there's the free hot continental breakfast. Once again, I must say this is bar none, the best I believe I will ever see even regarding the future stays at various hotels I'll make. There's a Cuisinart four slice toaster with bagel settings, a microwave, napkins, plates, and silverware provided. There are belgain waffles, boiled eggs (already pealed), cheese omlets (granted, they are frozen, and you heat them), snack cheese, regular sized muffins (not the tiny bite sized ones at most free breakfasts), full sized bagels, with butter, cream cheese, and fruit flavored cream cheeses offered, bear claws (at type of pastry similar to a donut), six different cold ceareals you scoop (no undersized individual serving boxes) with milk provided, yogurt, six different coffees, three different juices (apple, orange, and cranberry), sliced peaches, and the list goes on. I couldn't believe what they were offering for free! Oh, and best of all possibly, you aren't discouraged to go back for seconds if you want to. Of course, the Ameritell is a bit more expensive than lower end hotels, but it's also worth every penny for the service and the free breakfast. As far as Twin Falls itself, when I made the reservation, nobody beat their price...$89 for one night with two kids and two adults in a two queen bedroom. I would definately stay here again, and again, and again. If there's an Ameritell where I stay in the future, I'll be there. I can't say more, but I think I've said enough. If you want the best expearience you can get at a reasonable price, come to Ameritell.

• Stayed: May 2005
11  Thank KKVan
Reviewed May 17, 2005

The room was lovely and the property is very nice. Checking in at the front desk was another story . The Manager I think he said he name was Virg or Virgal - was very unpleasant to talk with, I stay with Ameritel's in all my travels. I have never experienced such a rude man. I cant believe that he could talk to his staff and his guest they way he does. I will not be staying at Ameritel any more i am going to look around and see what is out there. Just thought you should know what you are getting your self into. Not my suggestion for a place to stay. Twin Falls is the only Ameritel i have had this happen at.

3  Thank samiidel