“Internet down!!! Couldn't stay”

Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed March 28, 2007

When we arrrived we were told internet service was down. Unfortunately my husband has to work while in town so we couldn't stay due to no internet. When we checked in they told us internet would be fixed the next day. I discussed the issue with my husband and we decided to leave the hotel (and not take the chance the internet wouldn't be up in the morning). When we brought the keys to the front desk we were informed internet had been down FOR THREE days already...and they couldn't guarantee when it would be fixed. We were glad to be leaving...ended up at the best suites down the street for same price and with internet access.

They should let people know if internet is down before coming to the hotel (maybe by email?) so you can option to not check in and find another hotel. Today people rely on internet to work remotely. Just a suggestion...the room was nice and roomy though.

• Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank hkolln

Reviewed September 18, 2006

We got our reservations through Jodie Young,sales mgr., she was so helpful. When we arrived Larry , the front desk supervisor, was very courteous and welcomed us and made us feel special. Della Milam, the general mgr., was in her office and came out to greet us. Our shower nozzle was bad and we talked to the maint. people and they replace it right away. Over all it was a very pleasant experience. We would recommend this property to any one. It is within walking distance of 3 or 4 great eating places .
Jay and Judy juja@frontiernet.net

• Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed September 8, 2006

One of our most unforgetable stays ever. Great receptiion care and courtesy especially from Charleen and Jessica and the young ladies on the night shift who put up with any and all of our distractions and needs. Housekeeping especially Shelia and Rochell were very helpful at all hours of the day/night leaving us to do our thing and taking care of all our needs without any distractions which at times during our trip there was important my husband was recoving from a recent surgery and we were house hunting which was very tiring on him so housekeeping helped me/his wife a lot and I will always be very very greatful to everyone there for everything they did to make our stay comfortable HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON.

THE GALLO'S "ROY & DEBBIE"

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2006

We stayed here just for one night and we thought this was a very good hotel. The room was very spacious and was nice en clean. There was a inside pool it looked nice but we didn't use it so I don't know if it was good.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2006

We only stayed there one night but it was a good stay. The staff was very friendly. The location is a good one too. It's close to the interstate with easy access. There is a walkway that goes behind the hotel to the falls. We chose not to walk it because it was raining and cold while we were there. It would be a nice stroll though in better weather. The restaurant is located on the back side of the hotel facing the river with a beautiful view. The rooms were nice also. The bed was comfortable and the room had a sliding window we opened to let the breeze come through. There was also a pine tree outside the window that was nice to look through. We had requested a nonsmoking room due to allergies but there was none left. The staff sent housekeeping to our room and sprayed all around to help take the scent away. Although the smell didn't go away completely it was much better and tolerable. We would stay there again if passing that way.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank nancybarne
A TripAdvisor Member
denver
Reviewed October 8, 2005

I travel for my work and booked a room for 10 days @ $75.00 per night based on the extended stay. My room was very nice as other have noted, with 2 TV's and the separate living area give the room a very comfortable feel. For the money this is one of best hotels I've stayed in.

The BAD - TV is terrible: very limted number of channels and a few were not even watchable with horrible signals.

I MUST have internet access and it is provided by WiFi is again horrible. My connection was hit or miss and when I did have access it was very slow. I also use a VPN for connection to my corporate nework which was unable to connect. They must have their ports locked down. My complaints were met with suggesting I call their ISP, which wasted my time and did not correct any problems.

As a result, I told them I was checking out after the 2nd night and as expected they tried to charge me the full rate because I didn't stay the extended period.
After fighting, I told them their I would be happy to stay if their technology worked, and won the battle and they checked out.

I'm now at the Holiday Inn Express....Great Technology, Internet work great and TV channels are clear when many choices.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed September 19, 2005

We had a great stay at the Shilo in Twin Falls. We were in Twin Falls with the base jumpers. The manager let us use their big meeting room to fold our parachutes and rest in between jumps. The night person Ben was a big help and always friendly. I will definitely stay there again next year.

• Stayed: September 2005